Are there any cruise lines....

SparklyPinkCruiser

....that take kids under 3 years old into their programs? We are possibly looking into a cruise for early 2008, but the problem is my daughter will just be 2.5 and I know she can't do any programs. So, just wondering if there are any lines that accomodate kids that age, or what other people with kids that age did on the cruise lines that didn't take them into their program?

Thanks

Yep! Carnival and Norwegian both do. Carnival has the added advantage of changing diapers if you need it. NCL will page you if the diaper needs to be changed.

RCCL has an "Auqa tots" program but you must be there with her and it's only an hour or 2 per day of special activities with you.

Disney has a "nursery" called Flounders...it's a pay per hour nursery for kids under 3.

You can check out some of the Camp Carnival Activities for kids 2-5...just click here and look for the age 2-5

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/

Yep! Carnival and Norwegian both do. Carnival has the added advantage of changing diapers if you need it. NCL will page you if the diaper needs to be changed.

RCCL has an "Auqa tots" program but you must be there with her and it's only an hour or 2 per day of special activities with you.

Disney has a "nursery" called Flounders...it's a pay per hour nursery for kids under 3.

You can check out some of the Camp Carnival Activities for kids 2-5...just click here and look for the age 2-5

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/

Thanks for your response, that's awesome! Now, do you think I would be dissapointed going from RCCL to Carnival?

Thanks for your response, that's awesome! Now, do you think I would be dissapointed going from RCCL to Carnival?

Well it depends...lol. You are doing Liberty of the Seas so that ship is pretty hard to beat.

If you were going to pick Carnival then do one of the newer ships (like Liberty or Freedom on Carnival)

Carnival has some pluses over RCCL...the food seems to be better (but that's always subjective), you would have the advantage of a kid's club (always a plus) and some like the shows and nightlife better on Carnival.

I went on a last minute Carnival cruise on an OLD CHEAP ship expecting to have poor service, bad food and bad cabins but that did NOT happen. We had a great time on Carnival so when given the chance to bring some friends who have kids who are 2-3 and not potty trained we chose Carnival over RCCL.

So give it a try. You are like me and you do many cruises so it's not like this will be your only chance to cruise. It's good to try different lines.

Well it depends...lol. You are doing Liberty of the Seas so that ship is pretty hard to beat.

If you were going to pick Carnival then do one of the newer ships (like Liberty or Freedom on Carnival)

Carnival has some pluses over RCCL...the food seems to be better (but that's always subjective), you would have the advantage of a kid's club (always a plus) and some like the shows and nightlife better on Carnival.

I went on a last minute Carnival cruise on an OLD CHEAP ship expecting to have poor service, bad food and bad cabins but that did NOT happen. We had a great time on Carnival so when given the chance to bring some friends who have kids who are 2-3 and not potty trained we chose Carnival over RCCL.

So give it a try. You are like me and you do many cruises so it's not like this will be your only chance to cruise. It's good to try different lines.

LOL, well we've only been on one cruise thus far, but we have dreams of going on many others! I've been busy making babies for the last few years, but now we're ready to start cruising again :D

It turns out we may not be able to do our Disney cruise in the fall, so I was looking for alternatives for January 2008, but like I said the problem is my DD not being 3 yet.

I'm glad to hear you weren't dissapointed in Carnival!

I took my girls on a couple of Princess cruises before they were old enough to participate. We were allowed to go play in the kids area as long as I stayed with them. But we did a Carnival cruise for their 2nd birthday, since Carnival takes 2 year olds, and though I prefer Princess overall, we had a grand time on Carnival, and it was wonderful for the girls to be able to take advantage of the kids program. And Carnival has a number of things that are nicer than the other lines I've been on - their buffet area is the nicest I've seen on any cruise, and they have 24 hour self serve ice cream!

Best,

Mia

....that take kids under 3 years old into their programs? We are possibly looking into a cruise for early 2008, but the problem is my daughter will just be 2.5 and I know she can't do any programs. So, just wondering if there are any lines that accomodate kids that age, or what other people with kids that age did on the cruise lines that didn't take them into their program?

Thanks

Your daughter will be welcome in to Camp Carnival. You just have to hope she doesn't mind being left there! :o)

My girl's first three cruises was on Carnival, which she enjoyed very much. The first one she was one month too young for the kids' program at 23 months old, but she was able to participate at 3 and 4 yrs old. Every morning, she would ask if the "ship's school" was open yet.

Archived