new to this thread

Hello everyone! Our last 2 sailings have been on brilliance of the seas (med/venice and med/greek islands in june)we will be doing jewel of the seas baltic islands/russia next june 27th and we were wondering if swimming on the ship would be an option or will it be too cool? Im thinking lots of long pants and some sweaters. input from anyone with experience would be helpful and valued. thanks in advance!;) :p

Dean

Usually, the pools on cruise ship are well-heated, so you can swim whatever the weather will be.

In the Baltics, temperatures will range between 15 degress and 28 degrees. Currently, it is at the lower margin and rainy. However, you never know. Be prepared for all kinds of weather and do not forget proper raingear!

Hello everyone! Our last 2 sailings have been on brilliance of the seas (med/venice and med/greek islands in june)we will be doing jewel of the seas baltic islands/russia next june 27th and we were wondering if swimming on the ship would be an option or will it be too cool? Im thinking lots of long pants and some sweaters. input from anyone with experience would be helpful and valued. thanks in advance!;) :p

Dean

Dean --

Here is my advice: read this forum daily. In preparation for our August cruise, I have been reading this forum and the roll call since December. I have learned so much about what to see and do while in the ports. I have changed my mind about things over and over again as new people report their experiences and answer questions. Topics are repeated over and over again, each time with a new twist. Besides which, you can't ask a guidebook questions.

You can subscribe to this forum and receive one daily update that will list all the new and updated threads for the past 24 hours. I does not take long to scan the list and choose which threads you want to read. Now is a great time to be reading since this summer's cruisers are just starting to come back and report about what they have seen and done.

Bon Voyage!

It is not true that the temperature during the day will be maximum 28 degrees (ca Fahrenheit 82) I can only speak about Stockholm, but here temperatures up to 90 happen now and then in July and August. So don’t forget to bring clothes for rather hot weather as well.

And do take Peregrina’s advice, follow the threads on this forum and you will learn so much about this area of the world that will help you enjoy your cruise.

Hope you will have a great time once you get here.

It is not true that the temperature during the day will be maximum 28 degrees (ca Fahrenheit 82) I can only speak about Stockholm, but here temperatures up to 90 happen now and then in July and August. So don’t forget to bring clothes for rather hot weather as well.

And do take Peregrina’s advice, follow the threads on this forum and you will learn so much about this area of the world that will help you enjoy your cruise.

Hope you will have a great time once you get here.

thanks. I have been subcribed to other forms since 2003 and i do read them every day and learn from them. I had no idea that temps went as high as 90's c. you see I just learned something. again, thank you.

Dean:p ;)

Archived