Westin Bayshore Resort, Vancouver

jo-v

Is this hotel located in an area that is safe in the evening? Also, how convenient is it for getting around to entertainment, dining and attractions.

What is within walking distance to see or do? How far from cruiseship terminal? If touring/staying in Vancouver (no car) for several days prior to cruising, are you better off at a different location? Like the idea that this hotel has a nice outside pool and is close to Stanley Park. How far is this hotel from Century Plaza Hotel?

Thank you for your help.

It's been many years since I've stayed there but I'll tell you what I remember. It's right at the end of the Lion's Gate bridge and Stanley Park (used to be a safe area). We walked over to Stanley Park and rented bicycles to ride around the park. Gorgeous! Make sure you take a credit card with you as a deposit is required for the bikes.

Maybe others can tell you more.

Beth

i too stayed there years ago and although its on the main street you are really in left field---------suggest you do a search and find another hotel on robson st which is one of the hearts of vancouver ---restaurants are very close by -- to see gastown you would most likely take a cab --you would also have to take a cab to the pier ------------there are 2 upscale hotels whose names escape me (pan something)that are so close to the pier the bellboys will take your luggage to the ship but they are also a bit off the beaten track

Westin Bayshore is a very nice hotel near Stanley Park and on the waterfront. It is in a safe area. It's about a 25 minute walk to Canada Place if that's where your ship is docked. Not walkable to Ballantyne Pier. In either case, if you've got bags, etc., you will need a taxi.

If you want to be within walking distance of entertainment, shopping, and dining, then you should look for something closer to the downtown core.

The high-end hotels the previous poster mentioned would be the Pan Pacific (right at Canada Place) or the Vancouver Fairmont Waterfront (across the street). There are lots of other hotels nearby through Priceline -eg. the Hyatt, Mariott and Renaissance to name a few - that are much cheaper and just as convenient to shops, dining, etc.

As for the Century Plaza Hotel, there are 2 in Vancouver - I assume you mean the one downtown on Burrard St - it is quite a distance from the Bayshore. Definitely a cab ride away.

Any particular reason other than the pool that you like the Bayshore? It's a lovely hotel, but if you want to be walking distance to dining, etc, then it's not your best choice.

Ell

No...don't change your hotel... yes, you're right at the entrance to Stanley Park but it's a great setting... Cardero's is right there for eating and you're right near the west end of Vancouver... a great area. Walk up Denman for some great funky places to eat as well as fabulous access to English Bay. The boathouse at English Bay is a fabulous place to eat and the views are to die for... you don't always have to be right in the financial area of Vancouver for a good location...I live here and would take the Bayshore anyday.

Archived