Questions for all the experts? SeaWind Aviation?

RCCLismyfav

Can someone please help me?

We are considering taking a Flight tour called The Wildest Alaska Tour 4 hours total (please go to www.seawindaviation.com). What do you think woudl it be worth the money or not? If not please tell me what you think?

thank you

I didn't took that tour, so I can't tell you about "money worth". But I definetely can tell you our experiene with Seawind was the best from beginning to end! We took the Misty Fjords tour and we had a blast and, at least for that tour, their prices were equal or a little bit less, compared to other recommended vendors. Steve (pilot) was born and raised in Alaska (his father was also a pilot) and his very professional, nice and he looks forward to please you. Leslie, his wife, is just wonderful. They are very "customer oriented". I have only good things to say about them!

Bottom line, if somebody else tells you this tour is "money worth", I can tell you go for it!

Have a wonderful trip!

We also took the Misty Fjords flight with SeaWind. Steve and Lesley are awesome!!! Don't know the specifics of the tour you want (bear watching??), but can tell you Steve is an excellent pilot - I didn't even know when we landed it was so smooth!!! My husband is retired Air Force and was very impressed with Steve. I'm sure you would be pleased with SeaWind Aviation.

P.S. I'm not an expert, just enjoyed our tour with them.

Thank you both,

I called Seawind Aviation and Island Wings and are still undecided,

SeaWind has a tour called Wildest Alaska Tour lasting 4 hours for 495.00 per person which they informed me they were going to discontinue that tour. :(

I then called Island Wings Air Service and wanted a tour Glacier and Fiords Combination Tour 2 1/2 hours for 350.00 per person.

Deos anyone have any experience with this tour?

We also flew the Misty Fjords with Steve of Sea Wind and had a great time and perfect flight. You might call them and ask them to outline the Wildest Alaska Tour 4 hour tour so you have an exact flight plan to consider. Steve is a great pilot and very personable fellow with a lot of local flavor. Like the other posters we were all very pleased with Sea Wind and would book them anytime.

We were fortunate to see a brown bear while flying around Misty Fjords with Steve, he set us down and eased into the cove for a good look of the bear, a definite highlight of the trip.

Last month, off of Radiance, I walked into town and stopped at the Carlin aviation building basically on a whim. Carlin was full at the time I wanted to fly, so I met Lesley and Steve, who fly from the same location.

My flight with Steve was very enjoyable. Flew around a couple of small rain showers, made a quick circle to check on some Dall sheep, checked for bears that he had seen on an earlier trip (unfortunately, they were gone). Smooth flight, take off and landing.

Steve used the intercom to point out all the sights, explain the airplane and answer questions from myself and the four others on the plane. We spent 15 to 20 minutes in the fjord on a large float made up of two flat barges. This is the same location that the boat trip into the fjord uses to transfer passengers to the planes.

Having been with Island Wings two years ago, I can say I enjoyed the flight with Steve a little more. They both fly just as well, but I liked the way Steve spoke to his customers in both directions on the intercom.

Note that I didn't book anything in advance. I waited to see the weather and then booked. Got some really great pictures and video from the "co-pilot's seat".

We flew with Steve last month. Both he and his wife Lesley are extremely personable and professional. You can't go wrong with SeaWind. BTW, we didn't take the 4 hour tour you're asking about. We did the Misty Fjords. As someone else noted, the landings are so soft you won't even know you have landed.

Aloha:

We're booked with Seawind in Sept. Researched all the tours and chose them. First timers to AK and floatplanes!! Leslie was very helpful and extremely nice on the phone and we are really looking forward to our flight with them.

Aloha

maui traveler

Archived