stingray city

monjo

I have 1 more question regarding stingray city. We will arrive at 7:00 am. on the Conquest July 19. If I schedule a stingray excursion that starts at 8:00. (With Capt. Marvin) will I be able to get there on time. Again, thanks for any info. Kim

I found it a bit confusing for ahwile, but I think what I understand is that in July, island time will be an hour behind the ship's time. So to make an 8am (isn't it 8:30?) Capt Marvin tour would be like trying to make a 9am ship's tour.

What I don't about is how long to expect the Carnival tendering process to take. Seems like it should be fine - someone will correct me if I have this wrong.

Hi,

We were just there this past thursday and the way the conquest does the tender in Grand Cayman is to have everyone go to the large lounge and those with Carnival excursions are given first priority to get off based on the times on their tickets. Everyone else who has a non Carnival or no excursion planned has to go up to the stage area and get a numbered sticker. The lounge opens at 7 to go and get your stickers. We went not long after that and our stickers were number 5. We had to wait quite a while. We finally got on the tender and were ashore by about 8:30. Even if you were a number 1 or 2 sticker and got on one of the first tenders, I still think it would be iffy, bec. you'd still have to get to your pick up area.

We booked our excursion to stingray city with Capt. Bryans. it was from 10:30 to 1:30. We were back at the bus promptly at 1:30 where we were driven to the back to the pier. We were back on the ship by 2:10. The last tender was at 3:00. We loved this time frame because we were able to get off the ship and walk less than 5 minutes to Eden Rock and snorkel for free. We had our own gear, but Eden Rock does rent gear. If you're interested just do a search for it here on the board. It was awesome. don't be afraid of the big tarpon. they didn't bother us at all. Anyway, we left Eden about 9:30 and walked back past the pier to Capt. Bryan's for our 10 o'clock meeting time. It took us about 15 minutes to walk there from Eden, so it would be less straight from the pier. We got there, paid, and put on our sunscreen and the bus was ready to go at 10. We went to stingray city, then to snorkel at the reef and at the Coral Gardens. It was awesome!

I would not chance an 8 o'clock excursion time unless I had booked a carnival excursion.

Be sure to bring dog biscuits to feed the fish if you will be snorkling. they will swarm around you. great for pictures.

oh, i forgot to mention. the ship time and cayman time were ;the same last week.

:eek: :confused: Now I am really confused .. I have read and read and read these baords - because i want to pack too much into my Grand Cayman day! - and I could've sworn I read that the ship time and island time were different! Is it possible that Carnival keeps their clocks to local time and Princess keeps their's on "ship time"?

• 2 weeks later...
Ship time remains on the time of the port your cruise originally begins.

That's not always true. Sometimes we've been notified to change our clocks, sometimes not. It appears to be the Captain's "choice" :confused: .

I'd give at least an hour for tendering time. That said, the tour operator's know how long this usually takes and will probably wait for you :) .

Does anyone know how the tendering works on Princess?

We want to book the 8:30 Stingray with Capt Marvins but would need to check in at 8am. Joan @ Capt Marvins said the Grand Princess will change their time to island time in November. I'm worried because the Grand use to sail out of Galveston - but in November it begins sailing out of Ft Lauderdale.

Would Princess be able to tell me if they stick to departure port time or if they switch to island time?

Archived