CB laptops in the room?

thomasale

I know on the Diamond Princess there is a computer in the GS. So there is access in that room. As far as wireless? If a person was kind of close to the wireless signal say to the Atrium and had a portable high gain antenna. It IS possible. But you would still pay the per min. charges.

I am taking our antenna and also around ports hope to be able to use our Cell data card.

You can use your laptop in the cabin if you want to transfer photos from your camera or work offline but there won't be Internet access. As Toto says, the wireless is just in the Atrium or Internet cafe and you'll be paying the per-minute charge.

You can also access the internet from the area around the pool under Skywalkers and the cost was back down to .25 per minute (the login information we got from the Internet Cafe had higher rates listed?). Also, I was able to access the internet while inport and sitting on our balcony (B718 near the rear of the ship). I was dumping photos to my laptop and noticed I had access but I only tried it the one time and not while at sea.

Archived