Carnival Splendor - South America Poll - Which Segment or Segments Are YOU Booking?

More information can be found here:

http://carnival.com/CMS/Articles/splendor_southamerica.aspx

The segments are:

"Carnival Splendor will operate three special South America departures in 2009 -- a 17-day, six-port cruise from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., to Buenos Aires, Argentina, Jan. 31-Feb. 17; a 14-day, six-port voyage from Buenos Aires to Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile, Feb. 17-March 3, and an 18-day, six-port South America/Mexican Riviera cruise from Santiago (Valparaiso) to San Francisco March 3-21."

And pricing and sales information:

"Carnival will begin accepting reservations for Carnival Splendor’s new 14-, 17- and 18-day South America cruises beginning Tuesday, July 10. Prices for the 14-day cruise start at $1,399, the 17-day voyage $1,199, and the 18-day sailing $1,099 per person, based on double occupancy. Special rates for third and fourth guests sailing in the same stateroom, along with round-trip air supplements from a number of North American gateways are also available.

For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com "

would like to book the 1st leg. i checked airfare from buenos aires and it ranges from $1200-1800 pp 1 way. so i dont know what i am going to do. the cost of airfare is the price of another cruise!!

Not sure where you are from, but cruise air will probably be a better deal. Im hoping for around $1000 for both one ways. That seems to be the going rate from cruise air from BA.

Round the Horn for me too providing I can get airfare at a reasonable price.

I think that will be a huge factor for many people. It seem there is less competition and no discount air carriers in SA. I would suspect Carnival will be handling airfare for a high percentage of passengers.

I think that will be a huge factor for many people. It seem there is less competition and no discount air carriers in SA. I would suspect Carnival will be handling airfare for a high percentage of passengers.

I've really been looking into the airfare situation & here's what I "think" I've found. Someone please check me out on this cause it's a little unbelievable. I went to 2 of the better known online travel sites & chose the "multiple flights" option for travel in February 2007. I entered DFW (my departure airport) to Buenos Aires as destination 1 & then entered Santiago to DFW as the the last leg of the journey. Both web sites gave me a total trip price of a little over 1100.00. This sounds way too good to be true. I think I must be looking cross-eyed or maybe I'm just senile. There are even non stop flights from DFW to both Buenos Aires & Santiago. Who would have ever thought that? As I said before, someone please check me out on this & tell me what I'm missing.

I've really been looking into the airfare situation & here's what I "think" I've found. Someone please check me out on this cause it's a little unbelievable. I went to 2 of the better known online travel sites & chose the "multiple flights" option for travel in February 2007. I entered DFW (my departure airport) to Buenos Aires as destination 1 & then entered Santiago to DFW as the the last leg of the journey. Both web sites gave me a total trip price of a little over 1100.00. This sounds way too good to be true. I think I must be looking cross-eyed or maybe I'm just senile. There are even non stop flights from DFW to both Buenos Aires & Santiago. Who would have ever thought that? As I said before, someone please check me out on this & tell me what I'm missing.

Not to worry, I did the same thing. I used JFK as a departure to Buenos Aires and the air came up less than $700 round trip. Granted that is with some change of planes but, it can be done at a reasonable price! I've paid that much just to fly to Puerto Rico!

This would only be our third time on Carnival but, Splendor sounds like such a nice ship - we're going to give it a try. We live in Atlanta and

airfare is currently like this:

Atlanta to Buenos Aires $1530 per person, round trip

Atlanta to Buesnos Aires, return via Valparaiso $1356 per person

Altanta to Buenos Aires $1331 per person, one way

Atlanta to Valparaiso/Santiago, return via San Francisco $1255 per person

Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale and San Francisco to Altanta $423.80 per person

Sure it's a bit high but, it's one of those trips you only do once in a lifetime. I can't imagine passing up the opportunity!

If anyone is interested, Continental Airlines has a non-stop from NEWARK, NJ (EWR) to Buenos Aires. It's a 15 hour flight :rolleyes:

Currently the price is $1612.70 including taxes for Newark to Buenos Aires (non stop) and returning from Santiago with one stop in Atlanta back to Newark.

Thanks for checking me out, guys. Guess I'm not nuts after all. 1100.00 isn't a bad price at all from DFW............it costs that much to fly RT to Europe & sometimes as much as 600.00 RT to some places in Mexico. I've never been to Puerto Rico just because of high airline prices.

I wish I knew exactly when the Spirit was coming to New Orleans (at least that is the rumor). It would be so cool to do the 3 leg trip to San Fran and then take the Spirit to New Orleans through the Panama Canal.

Sure hope Splendor has MUTS or whatever they call it on Carnival, what could be better than watching the superbowl on a cruise?!

Yes, she does.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/splendor_southamerica.aspx

Other features include a 5,500-square-foot children’s play area – the largest in the “Fun Ship” fleet – as well as a water spray park and a mid-ship pool covered by a sliding Sky Dome. The line’s signature amenities such as cell phone and Wi-Fi service, a reservations-only supper club and the Carnival Seaside Theatre – a massive LED screen displaying movies, concerts and other programming – will also be featured.

Just saw they posted Itinerary maps

17 day

17_SouthAmerica_map.gif

14 day

14_SouthAmerica_map.gif

18 day

18_SouthAmerica_map.gif

Archived