Transportation from Pier 11 to Pearl Habor

Dbedros

We will be arriving in Honolulu on board HAL's Zaandam at 7:00am at Pier 11 in Nov. 07. We want to get to Pearl Harbor early to get tickets in one of the first groups going to the AZ Memorial. Service Hawaii has a tour that leaves from the pier for $22 pp on a 25 seat minibus. We actually do not want a tour or to wait for the minibus to be filled. The pier is supposedly about 10 miles form Pearl Harbor. Does anyone know if there is alternate transportation or what the cost of a taxi from the pier to Pearl Harbor might be?

Thanks!

I would also like this info. My Father (78) mother (71) and his sister (70) are going on the Diamond Princess to Hawaii from Los Angeles. Dad is a veteran and really wants to spend more time at Pearl Harbor and the Missouri than what the Princess tour allows. I have looked at a few tours but can't find any that look right. Is there shuttle tours that would pick up and drop off people whenever they want? Taxi's look expensive and I don't think at their age they would feel comfortable renting a car.

Hi indiaksue

I hope someone gives us the information! From this web site, http://www.hawaiicruiseguide.info/Articles/_ToursActivitiesAndAttractions/index.html I got this Email address, service@hawaiicruiseguide.info and sent an inquiry. They sent this message:

We have an early fully narrated tour that lives at 8:30AM and comes back at 1PM on an air-conditioned minibus that can hold 25 people. The shuttle picks up and drops you off at the Pier. It will take you to the National Park Visitor Center and the USS Arizona Memorial.

How many people (adults, children) will be in your party?

The price for adults is $22.00 and $19.75 for children.

To answer your question, Pearl Harbor is located about 9-10 miles away from Aloha Tower Marketplace. Driving to Pearl Harbor takes about 20 minutes from Pier 10-11.

Let us know what you would like to do.

In case you are still undecided when your ship arrives in Honolulu, we will have our Concierge Desk opened underneath the Boat Days Bazaar arch on your right when you exit Pier 11.

Maybe this might be of interest to your parents and aunt. We plan to have one of the limousine services pick us up at Pearl Harbor for a private circle tour. That is why we are trying to get in an out sort of quick.

That sounds like a good deal ! Somewhere on this board within a week or so someone answered the 'cost of taxi' question. I cannot find it now.

I made a note that it is about $25 one way. We are plannng to take the taxi and after the Memorial, go to the Flea Market, then 'the bus' back for $2 pp.

MaryAnn

MaryAnn, thanks for the tip. I did a 'Honolulu Taxi' search (I forget this sometimes) and got this in one of the threads:

Aloha!

I just returned from my 7-day cruise from the Pride of Aloha and I had a wonderful time. We had a group of five ranging in age from 25 to 51.

Honolulu-Pearl Harbor-We did this on our own because our plane left at 3:30 and were unable to book a tour. We took a taxi ($28.00) from the pier. The driver gave us explicit instructions as to checking our bags at the Harbor. The line for time tickets was very long but moved quickly. We got to Pearl Harbor at approximately 9:00 and we were on the 11:45 shuttle to the Memorial. We took a cab to the airport ($12.00), boarded our flight and came home.

This is the perfect solution for us as we can leave for Pearl Harbor immediately after we dock and the price is better than the shuttle/tour. Thanks again!

Archived