Need help touring St Kitts on my own or with local guide, need suggestions

pinkaboo

We will be visiting St Kitts in november, we really didn't want to take a ship tour or get a private driver. Does anyone know if there are any tour guides or locals waiting for the ship passengers when they get off the ship to show them the island? When we were in curacao, as soon as we walked off the ship we saw several signs and had several people asking us if we wanted to tour their island for a small fee of $15.00 or $20.00 per person. We decided go tour with a woaman and her daughter and they gave us a fantastic tour. Her Van was air conditioned and there were 5 other people in her van and we were not crowded at all. That's the only type of tour that I am interested doing since we've been to several of the ports many times over. Her tour consisted of sightseeing the island, sighseeing two of the beaches for pitcure taking only, the distillery, the historic area which consisted of Jewish historical area along with the historical slave areas, The tour also consisted of a short stop for shopping and then you could choose to be let off in town or back at the ship. They were very knowledgeable about their island. The entire tour took about 3-4 hours and it was one of the best paid tours i've ever taken. So again, that's the type of tour we're looking to do, something very simple but yet covers all of the basic sights and stops. Any suggesstions or names to look for?

progress.gif

We will be visiting St Kitts in november, we really didn't want to take a ship tour or get a private driver. Does anyone know if there are any tour guides or locals waiting for the ship passengers when they get off the ship to show them the island? When we were in curacao, as soon as we walked off the ship we saw several signs and had several people asking us if we wanted to tour their island for a small fee of $15.00 or $20.00 per person. We decided go tour with a woman and her daughter and they gave us a fantastic tour. Her van was air conditioned and there were 5 other people in her van and we were not crowded at all. That's the only type of tour that I am interested doing since we've been to several of the ports many times over. Her tour consisted of sightseeing the island, sighseeing two of the beaches for pitcure taking only, the distillery, the historic area which consisted of Jewish historical area along with the historical slave areas, The tour also consisted of a short stop for shopping and then you could choose to be let off in town or back at the ship. They were very knowledgeable about their island. The entire tour took about 3-4 hours and it was one of the best paid tours i've ever taken. So again, that's the type of tour we're looking to do, something very simple but yet covers all of the basic sights and stops. Any suggesstions or names to look for?

progress.gif

You will find lots of taxi drivers waiting near Port Zante who are willing to give you a tour of the island.

A reliable guide I have used and recommend is Thenford Grey. You can e-mail him at thenang06@yahoo.ca and arrange a tour of the island. He can design a tour similar to the one you had in Curacao. The fees may be higher in St. Kitts.

Archived