World Cruise Questions - End of WC and transfer for TA home

WestchesterCruiseFan

Well, by some small miracle, it looks like I might be taking the 2008 World Cruise instead of the 2009 WC as originally planned - just waiting for my traveling companion to confirm she can make it.

So, what I'd like to know is if we're booked on QV for the WC, we'd rather take a transatlantic home to the USA instead of flying. Fortunately, as most of you know, Cunard has QM2 (April 22) scheduled for a same day departure as when QV returns to Southampton.

How does this process work exactly? Do the ships berth next to each other? Do you receive special luggage tags? Does the TA note this in the reservations system?

Any information is appreciated!

Thank you!

Two years ago when I was on the QE2 we arrived in southampton the same day as the QM2. I seem to remember that there was a special label which would allow your luggage to be transferred directly across without you having to carry it.

You would most likely still have to chek in at the terminal however as you will need a QM2 id card to get on the ship.

On the 2006 World Cruise, those on the QE2 who transferred to the QM2 were given tags, special for the transfer. We were also given the option to have some of our luggage placed into storage on the QM2. There was a special bus that took us from the QE2 to the QM2. The check-in line for the QM2 went smoothly with only a short wait after getting our ship's ID cards. All-in-all, it was a rather seemless and smooth transition. It was sad; however, to have your QE2's ID card scanned for the last time upon disembarkation! Enjoy your trip!!

And when you're done sorting it out, you can join us on the April 12 QE2 roll call if you like, as most of us are doing B2B Qe2 April 12, then QM2 back on April 22.

We can denote you as only being on the QM2 half, or make a separate roll call!

Karie,

on the B2B

Archived