Which tour operator?

bdruzin

We were so fortunate to have Mr. Thenford Grey show us his beautiful island of St. Kitts. Our tour included a driving tour of the city highlights of Basseterre, a drive along the coast road to Romney Manor-Caribelle Batik (lush gardens), then on to Brimstone Hill Fortress (separate admission charge), then on past the place where the Caribbean and Atlantic meet, past the Black Rocks, on around to Timothy Hill (breathtaking views of Frigate Bay and Southeast Peninsula), a stop at Turtle Beach, then over to the beach at Mr. X Shiggedy Shack, then back to the port. (I am sure I have left something out, but hope you get the idea - we saw a lot!)

Mr. Grey will tailor the tour to your special interests and needs - so choice and length of beach stop (or any other place) is your decision. He has a new, high roof, 16 seater, air conditioned van. He is an articulate, extremely knowledgable and insightful gentleman. We originally booked as a private tour for a couple ($160) but later invited some friends to join us (for a total of 7 people), which made the cost $30 per person.

I have also used Thenford's services. My family is from St. Kitts and I go home every year, therefore I didn't need a tour of the island. He picked us up at the airport with a sign saying "Welcome Home". How nice is that?! One day he drove us to the beach (on Xmas day). He was friendly, knowledgeable and punctual. His van was clean and airconditioned.

I highly recommend him. His e-mail is thenang06@yahoo.com

We were so fortunate to have Mr. Thenford Grey show us his beautiful island of St. Kitts. Our tour included a driving tour of the city highlights of Basseterre, a drive along the coast road to Romney Manor-Caribelle Batik (lush gardens), then on to Brimstone Hill Fortress (separate admission charge), then on past the place where the Caribbean and Atlantic meet, past the Black Rocks, on around to Timothy Hill (breathtaking views of Frigate Bay and Southeast Peninsula), a stop at Turtle Beach, then over to the beach at Mr. X Shiggedy Shack, then back to the port. (I am sure I have left something out, but hope you get the idea - we saw a lot!)

Mr. Grey will tailor the tour to your special interests and needs - so choice and length of beach stop (or any other place) is your decision. He has a new, high roof, 16 seater, air conditioned van. He is an articulate, extremely knowledgable and insightful gentleman. We originally booked as a private tour for a couple ($160) but later invited some friends to join us (for a total of 7 people), which made the cost $30 per person.

You should post your review on Thenford's new website http://*****

• 4 weeks later...

One of the highlights of our February, 2007 cruise was Thenford grey's tour. We originally had 9 in our group. Due to a surgery, 2 dropped out. When I emailed Thenford about the change, he emailed back that he commiserated with us and would look forward to the "Magnificent Seven."

When we boarded his van, he had a poster from the movie welcoming us. My best friend has been in the airline industry for 40 years. He and his wife have traveled extensively. They said that this was the best tour they had ever been on. While the island is beautiful, it is a pleasure to meet Thenford. He is a great guy.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone taken Thenford Grey, Everton Delaney or Ilva Wallace? What are impressions? What do see and what was the cost?

Hi -

I have already contacted Thenford Grey. Do you have the e-mails addresses of the other two individuals. If so, please send to:

rhondalg1@msn.com

Thanks!!!!

Archived