Galaxy Plaza Deck question

w&k

When you are on the Plaza Deck, facing forward, you see the Guest Relations desk directly in front of you. What is on the left (port) side against the wall? On the deck plan, it's the dreaded 'whitespace'.

I'm wondering what's going to be happening above 'our' cabin (4053), and if I need to go forward just a little bit more.

I looked in the thread of less desirable cabins, but didn't see this section of the Continental deck mentioned as noisy.

Thanks so much for your help!

Wendy

Galaxy 02-25-08

When you are on the Plaza Deck, facing forward, you see the Guest Relations desk directly in front of you. What is on the left (port) side against the wall? On the deck plan, it's the dreaded 'whitespace'.

My recollection is that those are offices (on both sides). The way it's organised is this: Guest Relations actually only occupy the central part of that large desk/counter structure. On the port side of Guest Relations is Shore Excursions, on the starboard is the Cashier. I believe that the 'white space' off to each side is office/storage space for those functions.

I feel much better now - I was hoping for office/shorex etc. that won't be too active late at night and early in the morning.

Usually, we try to select a cabin a little bit aft of mid-ship, but I looked at the kitchen/dining room and went forward. I didn't discover until a couple of days ago that I didn't get all the way under the cabins of the next deck.

Cruise Critic folks are the best!!!!

Wendy

Galaxy 02-25-08

Archived