Alternative Dining Question

Emgee

I'm sailing on the Summit next Friday on a Southbound Alaska cruise (my first!!). Can I make reservations for the Normandie before I sail, or do I have to wait until I board the ship? I know it is small, with only 150 seats or so and I really want to eat there. Advice? Menu selection suggestions?

Good luck on your first cruise! Regarding alternative dining, I have found it similar on nearly all cruise lines. You generally cannot make reservations prior to embarkation. I would recommend boarding earlier than later, than call from your room or go directly to the restaurant to make reservations. Most savvy travelers do this and you will find most reservations snapped up by the middle of the second day of the cruise.

P.S. remember to pack an extension cord!

Eric

We ate in the Normandy on our Summit trip in 2004. It was the best meal we had ever had. We did the Chateubriand for two. I also remember what I think was a goat cheese souffle that was very good also. Excellent service.

You can only pre-reserve if you're a Captain's Club member. If you're in a suite and have a butler, he can make those reservations for you. And, on our recent Infinity cruise, we boarded early and right outside the buffet entrance, the men who are in charge of the alternate restaurant were standing there taking reservations for the week.

Thank you for the advice :) I can't board too early, since my flight will have me there three hours before sailing, but I'll be sure to book as soon as I board and I'll remember the extension cord. I'm so excited, I feel like I'm about 10 years old!!

Archived