Luggage tag questions

travgurl

If the tags are printed on normal 20-24 lb. bond paper, they need to be folded into the three layered configuration shown of the tag printout. This should be more than strong enough to withstand the most talented baggage smasher.

If you are printing on most card stocks, the strength of the single layer will not be quite equal to that of the folded standard paper! If you choose to fold the tags, you will produce a very tough tag that will withstand even the efforts of the most dedicated mangler on the port staff. :rolleyes:

My paper expertise comes from over 35 years in the copier/duplicator industry.

Good luck,

Doc

Printing luggage tags on card stock. Question is says do not cut. Did you cut off the excess white paper up to the actual tag, then fold the tag?

We folded ours in thirds, like the instructions say. Then "laminated" them with clear packing tape.

All tags survived the NY Terminal porters.

Okay, now that I have the tags set to go, what is the best way to attach them to the suitcases? For as much money as we pay for this trip I think Carnival should mail our docs to us and provide good luggage tags ready to go.

I have a heavy duty plier type stapler. I'm going to use that. Otherwise, I would think 2-3 standard staples, well clenched should do the job. Packing tape or nylon filament tape are other alternatives.

I understand your frustration with the print out tags, but many folks much prefer e-documents and that is one of the prices we pay. Tags are also available at the port if that is your preference.

Doc

Okay, now that I have the tags set to go, what is the best way to attach them to the suitcases? For as much money as we pay for this trip I think Carnival should mail our docs to us and provide good luggage tags ready to go.

Put them on the suitcase handles anyway you can. Just remember, they are going to be manhandled, so do it securely.

Great tips on how to attach those tags, Thanks! Glad someone asked that question. Now, to clarify color. My e-docs tags are turquoise/blue. Do the colors mean anything to the porters? Do I have to print them in color? Or will just regular black and white be sufficient? I was even thinking of going over them in certain sections with a blue highlighter rather than use all that colored ink for all our tags. Suggestions?

The color represents where on the ship you go. Yes, it does matter not at the dock, but in the lluggage area on board. Bags are seperated by color tag to be taken to the floors.

SUggestion... print out the tags in black and white, then when you get to the port, have them put the colored tags on.

I requested both types of docs. I wanted to view them and also receive hard copies because with the hard copies, you get the Bahamas form that has to be completed before checking in.

Plus they will send me luggage tags.

These docs will arrive about 10 days before your cruise. I also do not write on my tags. i use address labels. That way they can not say they did not know whose luggage it was in case it gets misplaced. Plus if it does get lost, the address is more legable that if it is hand written on.

I cannot understand why people are making the incredibly easy to understand instructions for the luggage tags, such a difficult procedure.

(fold, fold, and tape or staple?!?!?!?:rolleyes: )

Personally, I prefer these to the ones they used to mail you.

Like a rubber band and piece of cardboard are sturdier than a tri-folded paper tag, covered with 2" Clear Packing tape.

I used to reinforce the old ones with 2" packing tape, to ensure they could withstand the abuse.

Now I get to skip a step in the process....and wind up with a much more secure tag. (and these larger, completely color coded tags HAVE to be easier for the sorters to see and sort quicker.)

Maybe somebody needs to come up with a photo filled post of how to fold an 8x10 piece of paper in thirds and tape, then sticky it to the top of this board. LOL....

Bill

Archived