Food Question

swimsimcoe

considering 1st Time Ncl On The Pearl In March For 6 Of Us.can We Make Reservations At Restaurants In Advance-like On First Day-for The Whole Cruise?and Once You Make Them Do They Honor The Times Or Do You Have To Wait In Lines?

any Info Would Be Helpful.

i know they use to let you book everything for the whole week, but i think now you have to do it daily...

someone please correct me if im wrong,

the longest we ever waited with reservations was 10minutes..

on the star.

Melissa

considering 1st Time Ncl On The Pearl In March For 6 Of Us.can We Make Reservations At Restaurants In Advance-like On First Day-for The Whole Cruise?and Once You Make Them Do They Honor The Times Or Do You Have To Wait In Lines?

I was on the Pearl May 13th cruise to Alaska and we could only make reservations for the current and following day. I heard that some people staying in the owner's suites and some of the other higher priced cabins were able to make reservations for the entire week.

I believe that making reservations in the "main" restaurants requires minimum of 8 passengers.

I believe that making reservations in the "main" restaurants requires minimum of 8 passengers.

You only need to make reservations for the alternative dining restaurants (some have and extra charge, some don't). As the previous poster said you can make reservations for the main dining room for a large group, but other than that you just go to the main dining room of your choice when you want to eat and you'll be seated. In the Main dining rooms you can choose to sit with just your traveling companions, or join a larger table.

For the main restaurants: Reservations only accepted for large groups (8 or more) and then only for the times of 5:15, 5:45, 6:00 or after 8:15 p.m.. All other people just walk up and ask for a table like at a shore restaurant. Very little, if any wait prior to 6:15 or after 8:00. Expect waits of about 20 minutes if you go between 6:15 & 8:15 p.m.

For the Specialty restaurants: Reservations can be made for that day or the next day only. I have never had to wait when I show up at my reservation time. (they do not accept walk ins) On the other hand, if you do not show up, then they will assess you a no show fee of $5 per person.

No reservations for the Buffet or Blue Lagoon.

If you are in the higher end suites (AE and higher), then you can make specialty reservations for the whole week and I believe (not sure of this one) that you can make reservations for the main dining rooms. All of this has to be done through your conceirge.

Many thanks for the info.Not sure if tis would all work with a crotchety diabetic-not me-who likes to eat when he want to eat.

But that's the beauty of Freestyle Dining - you CAN eat when you want to eat.

the policy for specialty dining originally was the day of only: then the day of or 1 day in advance. With many cruisers complaining about this, they changed it so you could book the day of embarkation for the entire cruise. I loved this, but again, complaints from some resulted in returning to booking only the day of or the day prior. It seems no matter what, there will be those who are unhappy.

As for the main dining rooms, unless you have a very large group there is really no reason to reserve a table. Just eat when and where you want. It works great most of the time.

nita

Archived