1388 on Adventure

We have 1388 on Adventure next April. We are very excited about this room. It will be just my Husband & I, leaving the kids home with Grandma & Grandpa this time so we can celebrate our 20th anniv. We are doing the Barbados route.

We were in the corner aft on Adventure in February........I believe 1688. It was on the 10th floor.......great location. I was surprised by all the people that complained of it being a long walk to the stairs......never bothered any of us. The room was considerably larger than previous D1 balconies we have been in. There were 4 of us in the room and it was never crowded.

Great pictures Kathy..............love the poll by the bed! Wonder if anyone ever used it for dancing??;)

It is hard to resist. ;) :D We had 1688 in February during Presidents week. It was awesome.

Is that pole there for dancing?

Many of us who have the corner aft D1s on a Voyager class ship certainly think so. ;)

I have had 1688 on the Mariner and have 1388 booked for AOS next August. It's absolutely my FAVORITE cabin on the ship. The balcony is half covered, which is great in all sorts of weather, the room is HUGE for a D1, and well, the pole is just a bonus. :D

Enjoy, you will love it!

Many of us who have the corner aft D1s on a Voyager class ship certainly think so. ;)

I have had 1688 on the Mariner and have 1388 booked for AOS next August. It's absolutely my FAVORITE cabin on the ship. The balcony is half covered, which is great in all sorts of weather, the room is HUGE for a D1, and well, the pole is just a bonus. :D

Enjoy, you will love it!

How big is the balcony as far as getting a lounge chair on it?

Does the pole present any problems as far as the bed is concerned.........it looks like it is positioned in a awkward place....would hate to encounter it in the middle of the night!:eek:

Also, somebody mentioned a little soot on the balcony at times..........did you find this to be a problem?

How big is the balcony as far as getting a lounge chair on it?

Does the pole present any problems as far as the bed is concerned.........it looks like it is positioned in a awkward place....would hate to encounter it in the middle of the night!:eek:

Also, somebody mentioned a little soot on the balcony at times..........did you find this to be a problem?

Had 1388 on the Explorer. There is enough room for 2 lounge chairs 2 regular chairs and a small table.

We also had concerns about the pole but it was never an issue.

Never noticed soot but did find a couple cigarette butts some inconsiderate folks tossed over the side.

Had 1388 on the Explorer. There is enough room for 2 lounge chairs 2 regular chairs and a small table.

We also had concerns about the pole but it was never an issue.

Never noticed soot but did find a couple cigarette butts some inconsiderate folks tossed over the side.

Thanks so much for the info...........what about motion and noise?

Thanks so much for the info...........what about motion and noise?

Never an issue.

One thing that should be mentioned is that if walking is an issue for anyone be fore warned that you will doing a bit more walking due to the location of the cabin. We actually enjoyed the walk and would comment that an extra dessert would not hurt because we hard a long walk back!

on the plus factor of the walk to our staterooms at AFT is more room for another desert or ice cream ;-). But it also keeps the kids away along with the ignorant folks who love to ring the suite doorbells.

Never an issue.

One thing that should be mentioned is that if walking is an issue for anyone be fore warned that you will doing a bit more walking due to the location of the cabin. We actually enjoyed the walk and would comment that an extra dessert would not hurt because we hard a long walk back!

on the plus factor of the walk to our staterooms at AFT is more room for another desert or ice cream ;-). But it also keeps the kids away along with the ignorant folks who love to ring the suite doorbells.

At least 1388 won't have a doorbell.........so you shouldn't be bothered.

Little advice....you can disconnect the door bells........just take out the battery next time you have a cabin with one.

Archived