Which beach would be better in our situation?

WANDA28

I am trying to decide which beach to go to and be budget concious. Paradise Beach or Play Mia Beach? I ve been to Play MIa beach one time and loved it but I ve heard really good things about Paradise Beach and would like to try it out...Here is my dilema..... My sister and I would like a beach where I can get open bar, My mom and neice on the other hand do not drink! I do not want to pay for an excursion through the ship, I just want to pay at the beach...Any suggestions? Does Paradise Beach have an open bar option? If so, what is the charge? What are the fees at Play Mia Beach(when we went last year, we booked through the Cruise SHip!

Check out the web site for Paradise Beach - should answer all your questions. There is no cover - they suggest you order food and drinks. So, just pay as you go. You can get wristbands for $9.00 each that allow you access to the water floats, tramp, etc.

we just got back and we choose to do mr sanchos...take a taxi - if i recall a van was about $30 for 8 of us

the admission is free and you only pay for what you do!!!

we were going to snorkel from there but we had taken our own snorkel gear and there was no need to pay for a trip...we took corn pops cereal from the room and the fish ate out of our hands..

it's a very clean, family enviroment...WE LOVED IT!

they also offered horseback riding, parasailing etc...and even had about 4 little shopping areas...

you can spend as much or as little as you want

either way ENJOY!:cool:

I am another big fan of Mr Sanchos. It is low key and no one bothering me to buy this and that. I hit that beach everytime we go. Last year our family of 4 went and it cost us including food, taxi and activities like $50. I was there last Wednesday and went again for the price of a taxi and a beverage. Great deal, the staff is awesome and it is immaculate in every area. Have fun!

I am another big fan of Mr Sanchos. It is low key and no one bothering me to buy this and that. I hit that beach everytime we go. Last year our family of 4 went and it cost us including food, taxi and activities like $50. I was there last Wednesday and went again for the price of a taxi and a beverage. Great deal, the staff is awesome and it is immaculate in every area. Have fun!

Glad to see that you feel the same way we do. TA had told me about it..best kept secret in cozumel.

Can't wait to go back...

I did like PB but not nearly as much as Mr Sancho's. Mr Sancho's has a more authentic feel. IMHO PB was too crowded. I personally like a more chilled, relaxing time. I also prefer Mr Sancho's guacamole and Margarita's!

Now thanks to all the posts Im stuck between PB and Mr Sanchos... he he he! Seriously, Thanks to all of yall for your help!

Wanda, sorry for not helping but helping at the same time.

it all really depends on the crowd....mr sanchos was not crowded the day we got there..the kids could play-they did not have the big water tramps but the kids had too much fun playing with the snorkel gear that they didn't miss out ...

then we took taxi to jimmy buffet margarittaville...NOW THAT WAS FUN...yes, the kids got into it and had a good time also...lots of drinking and dancing...FUN DAY between both places

I did like PB but not nearly as much as Mr Sancho's. Mr Sancho's has a more authentic feel. IMHO PB was too crowded. I personally like a more chilled, relaxing time. I also prefer Mr Sancho's guacamole and Margarita's!

Ok, Now the whole Guacamole and Margarita s may have just made up my mind... Do they serve Ceviche there?

Ok, Now the whole Guacamole and Margarita s may have just made up my mind... Do they serve Ceviche there?

google mr sanchos and yu can see the menu if i recall...

guacamole was to die for!!! i was going to eat lunch but filled up on chips and guac first...

let us know how you like it...

have a cold one for me.....

I hope this is okay to post since there are no prices. This Mr Sancho's menu and yes the have Ceviche.:D

Openers

Guacamole: Ripe avocados, tomato, onion, cilantro and lime juice

Sancho's Nachos: Chili - beans, melted cheese, pico

de gallo and jalapeños.

Jalapeño Poppers: Breaded jalapeño chiles stuffed

with . cheese deep-fried served with Sancho Sauce

Caribbean Fries: Skin on and seasoned also comes

with cheese and jalapenos

Mariachi Gordo:Sampler platter, the best of Sancho´s: Guacamole, Nachos, Wings, Poppers and Ribs.

Mexican Specialities: From La Doñas Kitchen

Chicken Tostadas: 3 crispy corn tortillas, topped with seasoned chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato, and sour cream and tomatillo sauce

Crispy Chicken "Flautas": Served with lettuce,

cheese and sour cream

Burritos Nortenos: Seasoned Beef and Bean Burritos served with Guacamole

Manchego Cheese Quesadillas: 3 per order, hand

made flour tortillas served with guacamole, sour cream and salsa, can come with Shrimp, Poblano Peppers or Huitlacoche (ask your waiter)

Empanadas: Mexican turnovers, corn dough, fried and stuffed with your choice of your favorite fillings, cheese, shrimp, poblano peppers, huitlacoche

Sopes (2): Fresh corn meal dough grilled and pinched

at the edges, filled with beans and shredded beef or pork

Soups

Seafood Soup: The best our island has to offer. Part

of Sanchos secret success with the ladies.

Tortilla Soup: Julienne and fried tortillas in a tomato chicken base, cilantro garnish

Cream of Poblano Pepper: Roasted to a sweet smoky flavor with a fresh corn kernel garnish

Salads

Hail Caesar!: Our dressing made with Grey Poupon,

white wine and anchovies, you may add chicken or

Cajun chicken at extra cost.

Seafood: The Best of Playa Azul. We've chosen

our greatest hits from our brother beach club and seafood restaurant: Playa Azul

Shrimp Cocktail

Mixed Sea Food Cocktail: Shrimp, calamari, conch, squid

Shrimp Ceviche: Marinated in key lime, onions, tomato, cilantro

Conch Ceviche

Mixed Seafood Ceviche

Sancho no me Mates: (the ultimate seafood cocktail)

Garlic Octopus: Sautéed in olive oil tender poached octopus in "Mojo de Ajo" sauce and white wine, served

with rice and veggies.

Whole Fish Cozumel Style: Straight from the Dock (really!)

Fresh Fish Fillet: Snapper cooked to order on the flat top, breaded, try "al mojo de ajo" garlic/olive oil

Grilled Fisherman's Platter: Fillet of fish, shrimp, octopus, conch, lobster, rice, refried beans, and veggies, tortillas

Meat. Meat and more meat: The Sancho´s

Steak a la Pancho Villa: Topped with Cheese,

molcajete salsa and "rajas" poblanas

Corona Steamed Ribs in a Pineapple Bar-B-Que:

Only chef Sancho could create such a master piece

served with Caribbean fries and Coleslaw

Hacienda Platter: Arrachera, ribs, refried beans, guacamole and tostadas de pollo. For two or four or more!

Viva Zapata: Marinated Arachera Skirt Steak paired

with our famous shrimp Dos Equis al Guajillo

Shrimp Dos Equis al Guajillo: The combination that made us famous: Gulf shrimp, dried Guajillo chiles, and Dos Equis Beer.

Seafood Chowder Xtabentun: (Our specialty)

served in a terra cotta bowl, served with blue-cheese

garlic bread and garnish

Fajitas Borrachas: We make'em the way you like 'em! Bell peppers, onions, garlic and beer. Served with guacamole, refried beans and salsa, flour or corn

tortillas. Arrachera, Chicken Veggie or Iguana

Sancho en Brocheta: (Sancho's kabob) Choose from: Beef and Chicken, Chicken and Shrimp or Beef, Chicken and Shrimp

For Craving Burgers and Fries: Gringo Food

Gourmet Burgers: Cooked to order with our Caribbean fries

Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich: Cooked to order

with our Caribbean fries, and you can have it Cajun

spiced if desired

Desserts

Ice Cream and Tropical Sorbets: We stock the usual (chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry). Our Sorbets are made fresh daily with purified water, sugar and Seasonal

Tropical Fruit pulp.

Chocolate Donkey Pie: Chocolate Chip Brownie, vanilla Ice Cream, Hershey Syrup, whipped cream and nuts. YUM!

Kahlua Flan: Cool and Creamy, vanilla egg custard

and caramel coffee liquor.

I hope this is okay to post since there are no prices. This Mr Sancho's menu and yes the have Ceviche.:D

Openers

Guacamole: Ripe avocados, tomato, onion, cilantro and lime juice

Sancho's Nachos: Chili - beans, melted cheese, pico

de gallo and jalapeños.

Jalapeño Poppers: Breaded jalapeño chiles stuffed

with . cheese deep-fried served with Sancho Sauce

Caribbean Fries: Skin on and seasoned also comes

with cheese and jalapenos

Mariachi Gordo:Sampler platter, the best of Sancho´s: Guacamole, Nachos, Wings, Poppers and Ribs.

Mexican Specialities: From La Doñas Kitchen

Chicken Tostadas: 3 crispy corn tortillas, topped with seasoned chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato, and sour cream and tomatillo sauce

Crispy Chicken "Flautas": Served with lettuce,

cheese and sour cream

Burritos Nortenos: Seasoned Beef and Bean Burritos served with Guacamole

Manchego Cheese Quesadillas: 3 per order, hand

made flour tortillas served with guacamole, sour cream and salsa, can come with Shrimp, Poblano Peppers or Huitlacoche (ask your waiter)

Empanadas: Mexican turnovers, corn dough, fried and stuffed with your choice of your favorite fillings, cheese, shrimp, poblano peppers, huitlacoche

Sopes (2): Fresh corn meal dough grilled and pinched

at the edges, filled with beans and shredded beef or pork

Soups

Seafood Soup: The best our island has to offer. Part

of Sanchos secret success with the ladies.

Tortilla Soup: Julienne and fried tortillas in a tomato chicken base, cilantro garnish

Cream of Poblano Pepper: Roasted to a sweet smoky flavor with a fresh corn kernel garnish

Salads

Hail Caesar!: Our dressing made with Grey Poupon,

white wine and anchovies, you may add chicken or

Cajun chicken at extra cost.

Seafood: The Best of Playa Azul. We've chosen

our greatest hits from our brother beach club and seafood restaurant: Playa Azul

Shrimp Cocktail

Mixed Sea Food Cocktail: Shrimp, calamari, conch, squid

Shrimp Ceviche: Marinated in key lime, onions, tomato, cilantro

Conch Ceviche

Mixed Seafood Ceviche

Sancho no me Mates: (the ultimate seafood cocktail)

Garlic Octopus: Sautéed in olive oil tender poached octopus in "Mojo de Ajo" sauce and white wine, served

with rice and veggies.

Whole Fish Cozumel Style: Straight from the Dock (really!)

Fresh Fish Fillet: Snapper cooked to order on the flat top, breaded, try "al mojo de ajo" garlic/olive oil

Grilled Fisherman's Platter: Fillet of fish, shrimp, octopus, conch, lobster, rice, refried beans, and veggies, tortillas

Meat. Meat and more meat: The Sancho´s

Steak a la Pancho Villa: Topped with Cheese,

molcajete salsa and "rajas" poblanas

Corona Steamed Ribs in a Pineapple Bar-B-Que:

Only chef Sancho could create such a master piece

served with Caribbean fries and Coleslaw

Hacienda Platter: Arrachera, ribs, refried beans, guacamole and tostadas de pollo. For two or four or more!

Viva Zapata: Marinated Arachera Skirt Steak paired

with our famous shrimp Dos Equis al Guajillo

Shrimp Dos Equis al Guajillo: The combination that made us famous: Gulf shrimp, dried Guajillo chiles, and Dos Equis Beer.

Seafood Chowder Xtabentun: (Our specialty)

served in a terra cotta bowl, served with blue-cheese

garlic bread and garnish

Fajitas Borrachas: We make'em the way you like 'em! Bell peppers, onions, garlic and beer. Served with guacamole, refried beans and salsa, flour or corn

tortillas. Arrachera, Chicken Veggie or Iguana

Sancho en Brocheta: (Sancho's kabob) Choose from: Beef and Chicken, Chicken and Shrimp or Beef, Chicken and Shrimp

For Craving Burgers and Fries: Gringo Food

Gourmet Burgers: Cooked to order with our Caribbean fries

Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich: Cooked to order

with our Caribbean fries, and you can have it Cajun

spiced if desired

Desserts

Ice Cream and Tropical Sorbets: We stock the usual (chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry). Our Sorbets are made fresh daily with purified water, sugar and Seasonal

Tropical Fruit pulp.

Chocolate Donkey Pie: Chocolate Chip Brownie, vanilla Ice Cream, Hershey Syrup, whipped cream and nuts. YUM!

Kahlua Flan: Cool and Creamy, vanilla egg custard

and caramel coffee liquor.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!OMG I noticed that they have another one of my Mexican Favorites.....SOPES! My husband and I were in Cancun in April and we ate where the locals ate. The SOPES were to die for. Have yet to find anyone of mexican heritage in Texas that make them the way they do!

Archived