Am I crazy to give up 13 days of cruising?

cruiseorbust

It has been a difficult decision to decide which cruise to go on over the holidays...I appreciate everyone's help so far. We have narrowed it down to 2 cruises. We have been to all the ports already, so that is not a fact at this point. It is down to convenience of travel vs days of cruise, and the cost difference. Which one would you choose?

Galaxy 13 days out of San Juan (we would have to fly). With airfare and transfers, this would cost $900 more, but get more days of cruising.

Constellation 10 days out of Ft. Lauderdale (we could drive about 3hrs away) and we would save one day of vacation from work.

We are leaning a little more towards the Constellation...are we crazy?

We've sailed the Galaxy 4 times; once from San Juan. She is a great ship. We only sailed once on the Constellation, but we just made final payment for the T/A in September and have another one scheduled for next year.

I love the longer cruise, but hate flying in and out of San Juan. I think I would do the Constellation and use the $900 as a deposit on your next cruise. With the deposit and OBC, you've got a good head start.

Hi Rick,

The FV opened up on our T/A; great pricing too.

Which one would you choose?

Galaxy 13 days out of San Juan (we would have to fly). With airfare and transfers, this would cost $900 more, but get more days of cruising.

Constellation 10 days out of Ft. Lauderdale (we could drive about 3hrs away) and we would save one day of vacation from work.

Yes...in this case, I would choose the CONSTELLATION too....

We have cruised both ships....but, I am not fond of San Juan,

and, we loved the CONNIE..it is our favorite X ship. ;)

It has been a difficult decision to decide which cruise to go on over the holidays...I appreciate everyone's help so far. We have narrowed it down to 2 cruises. We have been to all the ports already, so that is not a fact at this point. It is down to convenience of travel vs days of cruise, and the cost difference. Which one would you choose?

Hi Cruiseorbust !

IMHO, to spend $ 900.00 more, to get 3 more Cruise Days ... AND have to fly as well ? If it were me, I would easily choose Constellation over flying to San Juan.

Personally, I happen to like Constellation (slightly) over Galaxy, and Constellation's 10 night Ultimate Caribbean itinerary is Celebrity's best Caribbean itinerary hands down.

On the bright side, no matter which option you choose, you cant go wrong. Enjoy your Cruise !

As people are ripping on San Juan, the problem for most people is the airport. As long as you aren't flying in or out on the weekend, the San Juan Airport is a delight. We flew in Thursday and out on Monday, it was great. It really changed my view of San Juan. If I were doing a 7 nighter from San Juan, I'd fly in Friday and out Monday.

thanks again for all your comments...looks like the Constellation is in our future. I also went on line to look to see how many cruise ships would be in port the day of the cruise in San Juan....eweeeeeeeee lots of planes to carry lots of people boarding the same day...sounds like a crazy day at the airport to me. If we flew in a day or two before and stayed a day or two after the cruise, we would be short on vacation days from work...not a good thing if we want to keep cruising!

Archived