Easy way to get into Brooklyn?

bethyadz

WHAT ABOUT THE NY WATER TAXI DOES IT TAKE YOU FROM THE PIER 11 TO THE

Van Brunt Street (Red Hook), THAT IS NEAR THE CRUISE TERMINAL IN BROOKLYN RIGHT?

DOES ANYONE KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THIS????:confused:

It stops at Fairway at the end of Van Brunt street. Its about 3/4 of a mile from the cruise terminal. You can have Arecibo pick you up in front of the supermarket(the ferry stop is at the back of the supermarket). The car service should be under $10.00. There is no ferry stop at the cruise terminal itself. It is an easy walk. when you get off the ferry stay to your left and walk down Conover street(not Van Brunt). The walk in entrance to the cruise terminal is at sullivan and Conover street.

It stops at Fairway at the end of Van Brunt street. Its about 3/4 of a mile from the cruise terminal. You can have Arecibo pick you up in front of the supermarket(the ferry stop is at the back of the supermarket). The car service should be under $10.00. There is no ferry stop at the cruise terminal itself. It is an easy walk. when you get off the ferry stay to your left and walk down Conover street(not Van Brunt). The walk in entrance to the cruise terminal is at sullivan and Conover street.

Thank you very much for the information...

:) :) :) :)

yes but going down there this am I realized its Pioneer Street where the walk in entrance is on two more blocks from Sullivan...and still on Conover....

I think a cab is a better idea... or maybe the subway...and then a taxi

You really don't want to do the subway with luggage and there will be no cabs at the closest subway stop....

I THINK I AM GOING TO TAKE GREYHOUND TRANSPORTATION TO BROOKLYN AND THEN TAKE A CAB TO THE CRUISE TERMINAL.

I THINK I AM GOING TO TAKE GREYHOUND TRANSPORTATION TO BROOKLYN AND THEN TAKE A CAB TO THE CRUISE TERMINAL.

The Greyhound bus terminal is on schremrorn or Livingston street. Its impossible to get a yellow cab there call Arecibo when you get in they will be there in 5 minutes and get you to the cruise terminal in Brooklyn in 10 minutes, 7187836465. I have pictures of the "terminal" somewhere if you would like to see it. The buses stop on the street and the terminal is a store front. From what I understand the buses stop in Manhattan first(at port authority) and have a LONG layover before going to Brooklyn. Me I would take a cab from the Manhattan bus terminal for about 25.00 instead of waiting for the bus to Brooklyn, but that is just me....

Sid

http://www.share.dell.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbsWrRu1ctGXT

its on Livingston Street...

Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but what is a car service?

Normally I would hope to take a shuttle service from LGA to Brooklyn teminal but understand this service may not be available.

Is the car service similar to a cab? There will be four of us and I'm wondering if we can all travel in the same vehicle (cab/car service/or?).

Thanks

Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but what is a car service?

Normally I would hope to take a shuttle service from LGA to Brooklyn teminal but understand this service may not be available.

Is the car service similar to a cab? There will be four of us and I'm wondering if we can all travel in the same vehicle (cab/car service/or?).

Thanks

In New York a car service is a private service where you pre-arrange to be picked up or call to have them meet you. A taxi is a yellow cab licensed to pick up street hails without prearrangement or a call. All Taxis are painted yellow have a medallion on the hood(that costs almost $500,000) and are limited by law to 14,000 or so. Most car service cars(but not all) are black hence sometimes also a "black car". Cabs by law must be yellow. All cabs and car services can take 4 people at least. The problem is that with luggage for a trip, you may have a problem with 4 unless you get a mini van cab or a stretch limo.....

Hope I didn't miss this, but about how much would car service be from LGA to the Brooklyn pier??

Thanks!

Most local car service will charge about $30-35. Many of the larger ones charge more. A cab from LGA to the Brooklyn or Manhattan Cruise terminals will also run about 30-35 depending on traffic tolls(manhattan only) and tip...

Archived