Snorkeling

sunshine175

Has anyone done the Goff's Cay snorkeling off boat or beach excursion with Carnival. We are thinking of doing it since my son is 7 and beach snorkeling would be easy for him. Wondering what it's like if anyone has done this.

Thanks

We did this a couple of years ago, off the Miracle. It was FANTASTIC! [if you do a search on my name on the boards, you'll find my posts about it.]

The trip includes snorkeling from the boat, if you want to do that. However, if your son is new to snorkeling, I would be hesitant - there's some current [or there was the day we were there] and you go out quite aways from the boat. When we got back to the island, one of the guides took a group out snorkeling from the beach. Of course, you could just snorkel from the beach on your own.

Be aware that there are no "facilities" or equipment of any kind - only a shelter with roof but no sides - on the island, although they do have a barge there with, I believe, drinks/snacks and restroom.

We really liked going straight from/back to the boat without having to tender ashore then go back out again.

We dream of that little island often....

Thanks for the info on Goff's Caye, my son is quite new to snorkeling, been practicing in our pool. So I am not sure if that is the excursion for us. I really appreciate your info. We have 5 days to find an excursion in belize and none of them sound that great for us. Hmm.

We were there in JUNE and loved this excursion. We did it from Carnival Valor

ship.

My one child did not want to snorkel and had a great time playing on the beach

for several hours.

While we found the coral and fish to be great. Plus we saw about 4 small baby

stingrays.

I would recommend this excursion to you to try. If you like I post some pictures

of the island if you like.

Thanks

Try a search - I know someone had pictures of Goff's Caye on here somewhere. Absolutely no shops or restaurants. The caye is about the size of a football field, with a few palm trees [maybe 20?] and a "shelter" [roof only]. The day we were there, a "ranger" was also there, but we didn't really talk with her. This is for someone who wants a "pure beach" experience. Although I have heard that the caye is getting very busy these days - if there's more than one ship, it might not be such a nice experience.

Here is a photo I took of Goff's Cay 2 years ago.

P8236795-copy.jpg

Also check out my website of photos from my Western Caribbean cruise on the Valor.

I have more photos from Goff's Cay. One of the funny ones is of the male passenger

getting his chest hair braided by a local woman.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mlangsam/index.html

Photocruiser

Archived