Mariner of the Seas cabin location

My family (me, husband and two boys 13 and 8) have booked a cruise on the Mariner for August of '08. This will be our first on Royal Caribbean, we've all been on two Carnival cruises (Sensation and Inspiration). Right now we are booked on two inside adjoining cabins that are pretty much at the front of the ship. This was all they had in that category with adjoining cabins, but can you really not feel the movement of the boat in a cabin at the very front? I've always selected cabins in the center because I was worried about motion sickness, especially with the kids. We are on Deck 7 if this matters. Don't want an ocean view or balcony, just paranoia about the little ones, I guess. Our other option would be adjoining Promenade cabins, but it seemed like those cabins would be a little loud and bright being right above the Promenade. Anyone have any experience with cabins here, (front or Promenade) with insight or advice? I really appreciate the help!

I think you will probably feel more motion being at the front of the ship. I always feel movement when we're in the theatre, which is right at the front of the ship and on a lower deck.

Haven't stayed in a Promenade cabin, but I have visited one. I don't think you would find them too bright. The lighting in the Promenade varies according to the time of day (it is dim in the evening). There are also blackout curtains for the windows. Your kids may find the Promenade cabins fun ... they can watch the parades from the windows.

Go for the Promenade, we get one on Voyager and Freedom class ships for the kids and us across the hall in balcony, If I couldn't get a balcony, I would get a Promenade. The curtains block out light and the noise hasn't been a concern for us. The promenade cabins give a whole new meaning to an inside cabin. They are great for people watching and for watching the parade.

Did the kids have motion problems on the other cruises? If not, you will be fine. if so, then go for the promenades. The curtains are "black-outs", so light won't be a problem. Neither will noise, as the glass is pretty thick and sound-proofed.

We were on deck 7 on the Freedom, 7630 to be exact. Loved the location. It is the first cabin before the hump begins. Our cabin had a bit extra room near the balcony door due to it being by the hump. Was a great area for storing an extra suitcase. I also feel more motion at the front, such as when we were in the theater and the ice skating rink. Hardly felt a thing in the middle part.

Tina

Thanks for the input. I think I might go ahead and switch to the Promenade. Motion sickness has never been a problem before, but we'va always had cabins in the middle. I just wasn't sure if I want to take the chance. Now I just don't know if I'll make it through the year of waiting!

Archived