Have I booked a bad room (Valor 8/19)??

st3

I booked a friend and myself on the Valor for the 19th of August. My agent (American Express) stated that there would be two bunk beds in the room, which is fine with us being single guys and all. However, after looking at Carnival's site it appears that our stateroom might have a fold-out sofa instead? I also noticed that our stateroom is all the way at the end of the hall. There only appears to be a few rooms in our category (1A) so I don't know if any other ones would be better? We're in 2202 now.

My parents just got back from a carnival cruise and said that they got bumped up to a nice cabin because they had sailed with carnival before. I put in my # when I booked, but can I even hope for that? What are my options?

TIA!

I booked a friend and myself on the Valor for the 19th of August. My agent (American Express) stated that there would be two bunk beds in the room, which is fine with us being single guys and all. However, after looking at Carnival's site it appears that our stateroom might have a fold-out sofa instead? I also noticed that our stateroom is all the way at the end of the hall. There only appears to be a few rooms in our category (1A) so I don't know if any other ones would be better? We're in 2202 now.

My parents just got back from a carnival cruise and said that they got bumped up to a nice cabin because they had sailed with carnival before. I put in my # when I booked, but can I even hope for that? What are my options?

TIA!

Hi Tia, call and ask if 2462 or 2465 are open, these 2 are large cabins with 2 large windows. They are also Cat. 1a cabins.

Click on this Thread and check out the pictures of these cabins, in this one its a single large bed but Im sure you can get them pulled apart. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=321859

Cabin 2202, to me its not a good cabin, its quite small and you surely will hear the Anchor Chain each time its dropped or picked up. Its also the very first cabin on the Port Side, if the Valor ever hits anything you might get hurt.

Fred

TIA!

You don't have to be a past guest to get an upgrade, it's just luck of the draw.

As for the cabin, yes take freds advice & ask for different one.

The good news is 2202 is in a quiet hall area, not much foot traffic, the bad news is, it's just in the wrong location & you will feel more ocean movement in the front of the ship.

Called the TA today. Looks like the only other 1A rooms they had were 2208 and 2209, which didn't seem to be much of an improvement. So I am hoping we get bumped up or something.

Called the TA today. Looks like the only other 1A rooms they had were 2208 and 2209, which didn't seem to be much of an improvement. So I am hoping we get bumped up or something.

Bumpped up? Not likely since you pick a specific cabin, You need to go Cat. 1a Guarantee to be able to get a chance to get upgraded.

Fred

From the three 1A cabins available, I would take my chances and take a 1A Gaur..you might still end up with one of those three, but you have a good chance to get a 4a,b or c.

I think I will go that route. What is the worst thing they can give me? The same room back? LOL

Called the TA on Friday. Apparently there aren't any 1A's at all so we can't switch to a 1A guarantee (or so they say). Maybe when we embark I can inquire about an upgrade. I guess we will see!

Called the TA on Friday. Apparently there aren't any 1A's at all so we can't switch to a 1A guarantee (or so they say). Maybe when we embark I can inquire about an upgrade. I guess we will see!

For $50 bucks more each you can move up to a 4a guarantee. May be worth it.

Hi Tia, call and ask if 2462 or 2465 are open, these 2 are large cabins with 2 large windows. They are also Cat. 1a cabins.

Click on this Thread and check out the pictures of these cabins, in this one its a single large bed but Im sure you can get them pulled apart. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=321859

Cabin 2202, to me its not a good cabin, its quite small and you surely will hear the Anchor Chain each time its dropped or picked up. Its also the very first cabin on the Port Side, if the Valor ever hits anything you might get hurt.

Fred

I just called and tried to get one of those rooms for our March sailing on the Valor and they are booked:( Hopefully the upgrade fairy visits us!:rolleyes:

For $50 bucks more each you can move up to a 4a guarantee. May be worth it.

Now? Or at the time of embarkation?

Also, do I have to go through my TA for this stuff, because I booked it through them or can I call Carnival directly?

Now, you can not get a cabin upgrade once at the ship. You have to call the person you have been dealing with, in this case your TA.

Fred

The TA quoted notably more than the $50 quoted above. I think they said like $169 pp for the upgrade, does this make sense?

Man, I just called them again to change our preference for dinner and they said to upgrade to a 4A guar is $500. That idea is definitely out. I wil cross my fingers they hook us up based on my PCN, but I'm not counting on it.

At least hopefully it is two real beds, even if they are upper-lower.

Inside Cabins are now going for 1049.00, summer months are the highest. You are too late, have to plan way in advance.

Either way you will have a great time on the Valor. Take some good pictures of this cabin 2202 and post them when you return.

Fred

Inside Cabins are now going for 1049.00, summer months are the highest. You are too late, have to plan way in advance.

Either way you will have a great time on the Valor. Take some good pictures of this cabin 2202 and post them when you return.

Fred

You're right. I am just reading all these threads and it is making me crazy!

Archived