Carnival Destiny-"night owl" rooms

urbanhawk

I understand that the rooms on the Upper Deck above the Point After Dance Club, are discounted, as they are "close-to-the-action"/can be noisey, and good rooms for the "night owls", who are up late, anyways. Has anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms? I would be interested in knowing what the level of noise is, or if the rooms vibrate from the music? (I'm not a late night person, so don't know if it would be worth the discount.) Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I didnt know carnival still did the nightowl cabins.

but Because you are NOT a late night person and the Destiny being a port intensive cruise-- I suggest another room.

We have stayed on the aft over that lounge on a few cruises. Music starts about 9pm and can get rather loud.til about midnight.

Look at the 1As.

2334 2335

• 2 weeks later...

A long over-due Thank-you, Serene56, for your feedback; here's another scenario: tho I'm not a late night person to stay up till 3 a.m., I do stay up till midnight. Since I do have have a night owl room booked, would I still have a quieter room, if I booked a 1A guarantee?, (with a slight chance of being upgraded..) Unless of course, I was booked into, say, 1101...:eek:

Thanks, again....

I would book the 1A gauarantee and hope for the best.

The Destiny is a port intentive cruise and stayingup to midnight most nights and getting up early will leave you VERY tired by midweek.

1101 is a great cabin--it has 2 port hole windows too.

the only thing for this cabinis it MIGHT feel motion if you hit rough waters.

The cruise starts on 12-09-07; I thinks it's something like 139/140 days till sailing-but, who's counting!!!

We are--lol I booked a cruise 2 weeks ago for February 8th--2009.

So you didnt pick out a cat yet and are playing around with what you want?

Glad you get to go on a cruise in Feb.- should be a great time to be away from Philly!

I went ahead and booked 6127, the only room available at this time (and no 1A G's either)-it looks like it's over the Paladium balcony, but has got to be quieter, than above the Point Over Dance Club)

could you not book a 1A guarantee??

what was wron gwith 1306 or 1308..

dont take the forward ones with the port hole-- anchors drop in the area and it coul dbe quite "alarming"

• 3 months later...

My boyfriend and I booked a night owl room on the destiny sailing 4-13-08 which just happens to be spring break for all the local high schools (didnt think about it when we booked it). We got our room for 107 plus the port fees and taxes which came out to be just about 300 maybe a little less. We are in room 6300, anyone ever stayed in this room? What has everyone else paid for a night owl room?

We did a night owl cabin in 1999 on the Destiny (it should tell you something that I remember that far back:rolleyes: ). The ship was new and we wanted to see it so we did the cheaper cabin just to go. I got sick with a cold.... So although nightowls normally we weren't that cruise. THANKFULLY some table mates gave me earplugs! If you could hear the music it would have been better but all you heard was THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP till 4am............:eek: .................. So suffice it to say I would say it was NOT worth the money unless you are truely nightowls and even then bring ear plugs!!! Sorry I'm not more positive but it really is annoying when there is not music but just the base thumping and thumping... The floor vibrated with it! :eek: Debbie

My boyfriend and I booked a night owl room on the destiny sailing 4-13-08 which just happens to be spring break for all the local high schools ?

Is this your first cruise? The Destiny from San Juan is a different kind of sailing. (especially during spring break kind of times)

• 2 months later...

No, this is my 3rd cruise. I've been on the Fantasy in 2006 and the Fascination in 2007. We'll see how it goes. We got the rooms like 1/2 of what they were supposed to be so basically we are spending 500 all together for the trip. That includes the airfare and the rediculous gas fee. Hopfully it wont be TOO bad. I can pretty much sleep through anything. I did sleep through a tornado once...

I forgot to ask... whats so different??

Because Destiny leaves from san juan there will be a huge Puerto Rican passenger list.

Destiny offers locals cruise price for less then half prices- so whole families get to go.

Destiny allows roll aways so you will have families in a lot of cabins- Make sure you cabin is situated between cabins that only hold 2 people.

The lounge on the aft does not start til after 9- impressive to watch the people dance.

A lot of people do not go into the ports so the ship is hopping during port days.

I kind of figured there would be a lost of natives from the island. I'm used to them and their culture now seeing that my boyfriend is Puerto Rican and I have visited his whole fmily in Puerto Rico a couple of times. I guess it will be interesting to see what the room is like compared to the other ships i have been on..

Fantasy, Fasination and Destiny cabins will all be the same.

only difference is-- on the destiny you can have a balcony. for a cheaper rate then you could on the other ships--which only have balconies on suite cabins.

hello dancer i am on the destiny in room 6300 as well for a sailing easter week and my pvp never told me it was a night owl room and charged me regular price i want to know if the pvp told you or not or did you have to inquire

if you booked with carnival you are price protected.

Check the carnival web site--click on funships===Carnival Destiny

scroll to the bottom and start making believe you are booking a cruis.

If th price is lower then what you paid--call carnival and tell them you want a price reduction--do tat up til final payment. after that sometimes hey offer you free upgrades etc.

• 2 weeks later...

skareemw3, I'm suprised you were not told. When my boyfriend and I went to see the travel agent we told them that we were looking for an inexpensive room seeing that we both recently graduated from college and have those lovely student loans to start paying. She told us that were were a block of rooms on the upper deck that are loacated directly above the afterpoint disco. She told us that they were discounted due to very heavy noise until about 4am. We were just wondering how cheap they were so she called carnival and asked. We ended up only aying 269 for this cruise. If you paid the full amount then you may want to contact who you got your cruise through and ask them to either refund some money or switch your room number. very well could be that they didnt know of such thing unless you went straight through a carnival rep then there should be no reason they didnt tell you. Let me know what happens, I'm interested in seeing what they do for you.

• 1 year later...

Serene56: Did you stay in rooom 2334 or 2335? I just booked a room in 2334 but I am reading conflicting details? Were there regular windows or just portholes? And was it very noisy or quiet? Please let me know, i am going along on a family cruise as a single, and am just trying to find the best possibile room without paying 200% of the cost.

Serene56: Did you stay in rooom 2334 or 2335? I just booked a room in 2334 but I am reading conflicting details? Were there regular windows or just portholes? And was it very noisy or quiet? Please let me know, i am going along on a family cruise as a single, and am just trying to find the best possibile room without paying 200% of the cost.

guessing you are asking about these cabins on the Destiny.

These are two rooms under the dining room which is carpeted- no noise. They feature full size windows== 2 of them.

you will get conflicting information depending on the waters. If you hit rough waters you will get a lot of vibration/shuddering.

We had this cabin booked on the Liberty before they became 6B;s they are the best cabins for the money- the room is huge. Take your chances. When are you looking to cruise... and are these two still available?> will they allow you to book either of these rooms since you are sailing single?

Archived