What to do in the meantime......

barvn

I am planning on booking a 8pm flight home from Ft. Lauderdale after the cruise. What is there to do while waiting? What do you do with all of the luggage while you wait?

Carnival offers tours. There are a few that will get you back to either Miami airport or FLL in the later part of the afternoon but I think the only one that takes you back to FLL airport is the Art Deco tour. It takes you to the South Beach area. I was hoping for an everglades tour but that's not offered for FLL. Last night I checked prices for a rental car and you could rent a small one for less than $50.00/day. Bigger cars are more. We might do this. There are only 2 of us and could fit our luggage in a compact car. You could also check out the possibility of a day pass at a hotel.

On our last cruise we went out to the Everglades for an Air Boat ride. It was a lot of fun. This time we are going to do a boat tour of the Fort Lauderdale area. There are several tours you can to including the water taxi service.

But what did you do with your luggage?

When you do the airboat/everglades tour you are one of the first groups taken off the ship the morning of arrival. You then claim your luggage and meet the tour leader, proceed to the bus and load your luggage which goes with you on the tour. (not on the airboat!:eek: ) After the tour you are dropped, with your luggage, at the appropriate airline terminal. Makes the day go by fast and its a very fun, informative tour!

When you do the airboat/everglades tour you are one of the first groups taken off the ship the morning of arrival. You then claim your luggage and meet the tour leader, proceed to the bus and load your luggage which goes with you on the tour. (not on the airboat!:eek: ) After the tour you are dropped, with your luggage, at the appropriate airline terminal. Makes the day go by fast and its a very fun, informative tour!

VERY COOL...

We are actually leaving from Miami (Fascination). But when we come back, my parents are picking us up and taking us to West Palm for the weekend (they live there).

I wonder if my friends would like to see Miami for the morning/afternoon and have my parents pick us up later in the night.

Anyone done any Miami tours after their cruise lets them off at 8 in the morning?

Carnival offers tours. There are a few that will get you back to either Miami airport or FLL in the later part of the afternoon but I think the only one that takes you back to FLL airport is the Art Deco tour. It takes you to the South Beach area. I was hoping for an everglades tour but that's not offered for FLL. .

I don't remember where I got the above information but I just checked the Carnival website for excursions after our upcoming Liberty cruise and the only tour offered was the air boat/everglades tour. They did NOT offer the art deco tour. Wish I could remember where I got that info. You cannot booked the tour in advance. You can only book it once on board.

You could also check out the possibility of a day pass at a hotel.

We're in the same situation...not leaving til late afternoon. Can anyone recommend any hotels that do a day pass?

Renting a car is probably not an option for us. There will be 5-7 of us + luggage.

We also already did the Everglades tour on our last cruise.

I don't remember where I got the above information but I just checked the Carnival website for excursions after our upcoming Liberty cruise and the only tour offered was the air boat/everglades tour. They did NOT offer the art deco tour. Wish I could remember where I got that info. You cannot booked the tour in advance. You can only book it once on board.

I think I figured it out. I just went back to the Carnival website and investigated further. Apparently, you can take the Art Deco tour if your ships home port is in Miami but your flight is out of FLL. I was probably confused before because I saw that this tour would return people to FLL and I assumed that this tour was also available for people who's ships dock at Port Everglades. They DON'T offer the tour to ships that are home ported in Port Everglades.

I would highly recommend trying to get an earlier flight. The trouble is you just got off a cruise ship and even if you book a tour to waste time it just doesnt fill that empty feeling most people get after vacation ends. The time spent waiting for a flight is the saddest time i think.

I would highly recommend trying to get an earlier flight. The trouble is you just got off a cruise ship and even if you book a tour to waste time it just doesnt fill that empty feeling most people get after vacation ends. The time spent waiting for a flight is the saddest time i think.

Yea, I wish we could but since we got 3 free first class tickets on Delta back to CA,that leaves at 4:45pmET, I wasnt going to complain :D

Archived