Themed cruises on Explorer of the seas

Does anyone know if there is a themed cruise going on the explorer 1-13-08 such as a biker, singles, gay/lesbian, adults only etc. There is nothing wrong with these cruises it is just that I heard that some inappropriate things take place on these types of cruises (more so than usual).

Any other search ideas? Or a web site that lists theme cruises?

I just heard the cruise the week before the one we booked for Nov'08 is a Theme cruise. And that in the past certain areas of the ship are closed for special functions during these theme cruises. When I tried googling the date and ship that I know are the theme cruise nothing came up. I only confirmed the theme cruise because I was given the website of the group organizing the cruise. This will be the first cruise we take our kids on and just want to make sure that all the ship will be open to us as normal.

I have been on several theme cruises with the University of Alabama and when they had a private function, it was always in a bar or room that was not being used at that time. They would have coaches talks in the show lounge at 10AM, or the cocktail party from 7-8PM in a bar that the band didn't start until 9PM. No other passengers were inconvenienced by our private parties.

I have heard on the gay cruises, they reserve the entire ship. You can't just stumble upon it and book it by accident. I wanted to go on a specific ship on a specific date and there wasn't a sailing for that week. I called my TA and she said it was being "rented" for a gay cruise.

Had to pick a different ship.

Don't worry about the groups - you just might meet some fun and interesting people.

Archived