Non-excursion snorkling in Nassau

BunkerVA

Hi!

My husband and I are thinking of taking a little impromptu getaway in September and were wondering where would be the best, not very crowded place to snorkle (with good sea life) right off the beach??

Thanks for any information!

Sam :D

Hi!

My husband and I are thinking of taking a little impromptu getaway in September and were wondering where would be the best, not very crowded place to snorkle (with good sea life) right off the beach??

Thanks for any information!

Since Nassau is so well traveled, and Cruise ships, jetskis, boats and swimmer crowd the waters, the reef systems near the beaches have been depleted over the years and offer no real snorkeling experience.

There are day trips to private islands like Rose Island with snorkeling from the beach, but you wont' find it in the tourist areas of nassau/ Paradise Island.

You may find a few juvenile fish in the coves off of Paradise Island, but nothing that you would even comment about, a long walk in either direction from the hotels.

Take a trip to the sea gardens, anthol island or Rose Island.. or join Stuart Cove on his snorkeling shark adventure.

Thank you for the suggestions! I figured it would probably be necessary to take an excursion...that Stuart Cove excursion sounds amazing!

Thanks again!

Archived