Family Stateroom Size

newbie123

I believe the only staterooms that can accommodate a group that big are Category 4 and up. Category 4 is a family suite with verandah on deck 8that can fit 5 people, but it would definitely be tight. The other suites are like apartments, but much more expensive than Cat 4. Another option might be adjoining rooms or rooms across the hall from each other.

We took a family of nine and had a CAT 3 and CAT 4 last year...and we're doing that arrangement again, but I'll tell you why. In the CAT 4 we had two adults and to little ones under the age of 7. It worked perfectly as the kids didn't take up much room and they loved the bed that pulled out of the ceiling and converting the couch into a bed.

My mom, brother, sister-in-law and his two girls, 7 and 9, had the Cat 3...and that was super nice with two bathrooms...one of those having a huge shower and tub...and a dressing room....tons of room. HOWEVER, sleeping arrangements were a little weird. The king bed (in a room that can be enclosed with french doors) held my brother/sister-in-law and right next to their bed was a Murphy Bed (pulled down out of the wall) not much bigger than a twin bed. My neices are tiny sticks, so they fit perfectly for the four-night cruise. My mom slept on the pullout couch in the living room. This was fine until you wanted to move around in the living room...her bed was end to end, bumping up to the end of the entertainment center. And, what if my brother wanted some privacy in his king room? Well, there wasn't any with a little tiny bed only one foot away.

We loved the rooms, but I'll admit that I think it worked out because the kids were little. I agree with the other post that said it'd be too cramped for a family that age.

I'd recommend a couple rooms, too!

It will be tight but not impossible. A Cat 4 with the verandah will make it a little bit more comfortable but you probably should get an adjoining for the 22 & 19 year old. We have a cat 4 with two teenagers but we find that we spend very little time in the stateroom anyway. Our kids turn in for the night when we do so it works well for us. You may find that your older two may be coming in after you at night and the way the stateroom is laid out they will have to navigate their way around your bed to get to theirs.............could be inconvenient. Just a thought.

Archived