Blue Water Divers in Bermuda ?

cram33

I just booked my diving with Blue Water for 7 - 9 Sept. Has anyone dove with them? I want to know how the sites they visit are. They told me snorklers come on the trips. I am hoping there is an underwater tour, and not "you scuba right here, and they will snorkel above you." Does anyone have any experience to share? I don't want to stay in one spot unless there is a nice wreck fully intact, which I doubt there are many.

Thanks.

We dove with them in 2003.

Nice people. If you are rookies and you want a dive guide, you need to contact them and tell them that in advance. We dove severeal wrecks. None of them were intact. Very little remains of most of them as they were wooden hulled. There are boilers, anchors, spars, a neat pile of concrete sacks (sans paper), bottles, pieces ofr paddlewheels, and the like.

If they go to Smugglers gap, beware of the current and the surge. It has some swimthroughs that are tough to make and I would not swim through them without one of the divemasters leading the way.........pretty turbulent on a couple we laid by the mouth and watched the current and surge sweep through.

You will use more weight than the Caribbean. Water temp was in the high 70's to low 80's. We were there in June. Hope it helps.

Have a safe trip. Most of the dives were no deeper than 35 feet.

• 1 month later...

Archived