Vancouver and the Airport

How far is the airport from the port in Vancouver? What is the best way to get there after a cruise? Also, how long does it take to get to the airport. I wanted this information so I know how early I can make a flight reservation. Thanks in advance.

Marilee

The airport is about a 45 minute cab ride from the port. However, there are several other issues that you need to think about when booking your return flight. How many ships will be in port that day? Do you want to wait for a cab (sometimes can be a 30+minute wait)? Can you use US Direct or will you go through Canadian Immigration? I would never book a flight before noon.

The airport is about a 45 minute cab ride from the port. However, there are several other issues that you need to think about when booking your return flight. How many ships will be in port that day? Do you want to wait for a cab (sometimes can be a 30+minute wait)? Can you use US Direct or will you go through Canadian Immigration? I would never book a flight before noon.

Thanks for the information. We are disembarking on a Thursday so I am assuming (I know could be dangerous) that there will not be too many ships in port (versus a weekend). Do you agree? Also, how do I qualify for US Direct? We are flying into Vancouver a few days early and taking the train to Whistler.

You can go on the Port of Vancouver web site and it will tell you how many cruise ships are in port on your date.

I also would not book a flight prior to noon. Generally you are off the ship by between 9am & 10am but you never know.

If there are 3 ships all docked at Canada Place the congestion (crowds) can be quite heavy and the line for taxi's long. You can often avoid this simply by taking the elevator up 1 level tot he front door of the Pan Pacific Hotel and asking the doorman to get you a cab.

Another option is to reserve a limo ahead of time to pick you up.

check out www3.telus.net/cruise_watch/info.htm

We are disembarking on a Thursday .

What ship are you on? As far as I know there are never any arrivals/departures here in Vancouver on Thursdays ....

You may want to check here: http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/schedule/index.php?

As noted, I wouldn't book any flight departures prior to noon, as there is lots of construction going on around town and traffic is chaotic.

Dave

What ship are you on? As far as I know there are never any arrivals/departures here in Vancouver on Thursdays ....

You may want to check here: http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/schedule/index.php?

As noted, I wouldn't book any flight departures prior to noon, as there is lots of construction going on around town and traffic is chaotic.

Dave

It is a 14 day cruise on the Tahitian Princess in June 2008.

Marilee

It is a 14 day cruise on the Tahitian Princess in June 2008.

Marilee

Sorry about that Marilee ... I thought you were talking about this year... :o They won't have the schedules out for the port on that site for next years cruises until early in 2008.

That sounds like a fantastic cruise!!!

Dave

Sorry about that Marilee ... I thought you were talking about this year... :o They won't have the schedules out for the port on that site for next years cruises until early in 2008.

That sounds like a fantastic cruise!!!

Dave

It does sound like a cool cruise, doesn't it. I am just planning head and wondering about the airport.

Marilee

Archived