norwegian spirit?

how is it? i've seen some good reviews, and some bad. also, is the windows main dining room additional price or included? and what onboard activities are there to do?

im sailing august 12, to cape canavral, nassau, and GSC.. this will be my second cruise (sailed grandeur of the seas last february)..any opinions?

The Spirit is a real nice ship. I've been on her several times and I have another cruise coming up. The main dining room dinner is included. One of the sights to see on her is to sit by the window in the back of the dining roo. You're right over the wake of the ship and it's something to see. You feel a little vibration but it's cool. Activities are like most other ships. Shows, music in the lounges, bingo, art auctions etc. You didn't mention anything about kids but it's a great ship for them. Great pool in the back and a great view from there. The ports you're going to are fun. But I think in Nassau you're only there for around 6 hours. They have a real good dolphin encounter there and the Atlantis Hotel is quite a sight. Canaveral is anything you want it to be. I've mentioned this a few times before and it's something you'll want to see. When you head out of NY Harbor past the Statue of Liberty you'll be sailing toward the Varrazano Bridge. Before you get to it go up on the top floor at the rear of the ship and watch as the stack goes under the bridge and you wonder if it's going to fit under it. It will but it gets you thinking. You'll have a great cruise.

Two of my Grandkids had a real good time. They are 13 and 16. There should be a lot kids on board in August. The last time we were on the Spirit, which was not the cruise with the kids, we got off the ship and that night it sailed away with 700 kids on board. Ouch. There is a game room and teen gettogethers. She would like the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau too. She will have a good time. That is a tough age.

Archived