China Visa Fees increase 8/1 for U.S

DDawson

The information posted below is from the Chinese Embassy. Currently single entry visas are $50.00 and double entry is $75.00. I guess my trip to the local Embassy is going to be a few weeks sooner than I had anticipated.

Please be noted that, starting from August 1, 2007, a new visa fee schedule will be applied to U.S. citizens who wish to travel to China.

1. A flat visa fee of $100 per visa will be charged for U.S. passport holders who request regular service.

2. A flat visa fee of $80 per visa will be charged for group visa applicants of U.S. nationality.

3. Additional rush service fee ($30 for same day rush or $20 for second business day rush) will be charged to all applicants (regardless of their nationalities) who request rush service.

4. For citizens other than the U.S., the fee schedule remains unchanged.

Jsut be careful because your VISA does come with an expiration date. You have to leave the country before that happens or...well, they don't have a really defined sense of humor about it. So while saving yourself some money might be possible, be sure to check the dates out first or you'll have to do it all over again.

Charlie

We are on the Sapphire on 11/2 and just today did our visa pictures. We intend to get under the wire and get our visas before 8/1. We need a dual entry so we have 6 months validity from date of issue. It is good advice to check on validity and what kind of entry you need.:)

Spikesgirl, you are right. Saving a few dollars sure would not be worth the complications of having your visa expire before you planned on leaving the contry. Luckly, my time frames work out well. Usually that never happens does it? Usually I end up missing things "by that much".

Maybe my travel dates are lucky this time around.

I just figured the increase was because of the number of tourists and the necessity of paying for the infrastructure to take care of the impact to the country.

DDawson - are you going to mail the application in or take it to SF? My DH was seriously bummed when he took ours in. He was expecting something out of the movies with intrigue and mystery. What he got was DMV. They were very fast and courteous though, so not so much like our DMV here in Stockton.

Charlie

Charlie,

I plan on taking it in and requesting mail return service. Fast and efficient would be great as I was envisioning long lines (based on something I read). Since I'm in San Francisco usually every few months for meetings, I decided to be cheap and do it myself instead of using a visa service.

You made me laugh with your comment about DMV. One of the best reasons to be a AAA (CSAA) member is being able to do a lot of the DMV work at the local AAA office. AAA on their worst day is usually better than the best day at the local DMV.

BruceMuzz, I do believe you are right.

Yes, the single entry visa is increasing in price $50 and the double entry visa is increasing $25; however, the multi-entry visa is dropping $50. In addition, there is a "group visa" priced at $80; I don't know the particulars.

I wouldn't have used such a negative "smiley" for this thread. This is certainly not bad news if you need multiple entry and not terribly expensive, otherwise.

Marc

I've been to the Chinese consulate in Milan - Italy yesterday for my visa. Bruce is right: there is a post saying that the cost of the visa for US citizens has increase due to increse of US visa for Chinese citizens.

For Italians the cost is 22 US dollars for a flat visa and 35 for a double entry.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got our Chinese visas last week. That $100 fee provides you with a visa that is good for an entire year, for as many entries as you want. We took the application, photos, and a prepaid FedEx next day delivery envelope into the Consulate in San Francisco and were out again in 10 minutes. The previous time (two Years ago) it took us almost 2 hours as the lines were so long, so we were pleasantly surprised. We received our passports and visas in just 5 days. Very easy!

• 2 weeks later...
The information posted below is from the Chinese Embassy. Currently single entry visas are $50.00 and double entry is $75.00. I guess my trip to the local Embassy is going to be a few weeks sooner than I had anticipated.

Please be noted that, starting from August 1, 2007, a new visa fee schedule will be applied to U.S. citizens who wish to travel to China.

1. A flat visa fee of $100 per visa will be charged for U.S. passport holders who request regular service.

2. A flat visa fee of $80 per visa will be charged for group visa applicants of U.S. nationality.

3. Additional rush service fee ($30 for same day rush or $20 for second business day rush) will be charged to all applicants (regardless of their nationalities) who request rush service.

4. For citizens other than the U.S., the fee schedule remains unchanged.

4a. A good mailaway co is passportsplus.com for on line applications...they only chg $29.00 per applic service fee...much less than ziera recomm. by princess. Have used them in past and now using for china visa

Archived