QE2 2008 World Cruise: Board Room

statesidecruiser

It is my understanding that the Board Room will not be available to ANYONE (not even to full World Cruise passengers in the Grill categories) during the 2008 world cruise.

Apparently, the one exception will be that it can be reserved and rented for special events by groups of passengers.

Can anyone confirm this? If this is true, it will be a great loss to full world cruise Grill passengers. It had excellent internet access and offered invaluable concierge services for those who were paying premium rates.

It is my understanding that the Board Room will not be available to ANYONE (not even to full World Cruise passengers in the Grill categories) during the 2008 world cruise.

Apparently, the one exception will be that it can be reserved and rented for special events by groups of passengers.

Can anyone confirm this? If this is true, it will be a great loss to full world cruise Grill passengers. It had excellent internet access and offered invaluable concierge services for those who were paying premium rates.

Have not heard that, but if it is true it would be unfortunate. I used the Board Room often during the entire 2007 world cruise. Although some obnoxious types "held court" there regularly, it was, nevertheless, an oasis of calm during off-peak times. Carmel Rogers, the concierge, and Rowena Paz, the attendant, were wonderful.

Archived