E-doc beverage change?

marym933

Has anyone noticed that on page 2 of the e-docs it states that "Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard." It lists the traditional wine policy then states any additional alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and destroyed without compensation. The version at the bottom of the page is June 28, 2007 11:04am v 1.3.:confused:

Has anyone noticed that on page 2 of the e-docs it states that "Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard." It lists the traditional wine policy then states any additional alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and destroyed without compensation. The version at the bottom of the page is June 28, 2007 11:04am v 1.3.:confused:

"Additional" or "excessive" non-alcoholic beverages? It would be a little disturbing to have the docs contradict the FAQ.

The only thing that matters and is enforceable is the cruise contract.

Cool.

e) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise, during embarkation day only, Guests 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the Supper Club. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne and excessive non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

...more inconsistencies in the their policies... yawn...

Are we sure it's an inconsistency? I'm not sure the OP didn't simply misread her docs. I don't have mine handy... anyone know?

I think part of the confusion is that they distinguish the permitted single bottle of wine or champagne from "alcohol". So when they say "no alcohol" permitted, it seems contradictory. They probably really should say "no liquor".

:D I did notice that. Misspelled words just jump out at me. That's funny.

I guess I'll find out next week when I take my Sprites in my checked luggage, along w/my two bottles of wine.

Just emailed them about it, we'll see if they respond.

I'm pretty sure it's just sloppy editing. Basically, everything else I've ever read makes it pretty clear that you're allowed one bottle of wine or champagne per person, and a reasonable amount of non-alcoholic beverages. No hard liquor a-tall. What you get away with is another issue that's already been done to death.

:D

Did you notice that "allcoholic" is spelled incorrectly in the 2nd paragraph? Seems this wasn't closely edited for accurateness...;)

I noticed that the first time I saw it! It still hadn't been corrected today!

.....has anyone who had more than 1 bottle of wine/champagne with them, had them confiscated before getting on the ship?

Last year, I brought 3 bottles on Carnival and 7 on Princess during embarkation without incident.

:confused:

Archived