Radiance

Do the balconies on deck 7 or 8 have obstructive views ( looking down )? Are all balconies on deck 7 larger?

The larger balconies on deck 7 are towards the front of the ship. Yes, you can look directly down to the water in these staterooms. But be aware these balconies have less privacy compared to others.

The obstructed view is only if you are looking directly down at the water. It is caused by the lifeboats which are directly under deck 7. The view looking out is not obstructed. The balconies just before the hump in the center are much deeper and also the aft balconies.

We have had cabin 7094 on both the Radiance and the Jewel. We had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table on the balcony and were not crowded at all.

i think the balconies are the same size on deck 7 & 8 except for a few traingular ones in the middle. it doesn't matter much because the "glass" is so filthy you can't see anyway!! take some window cleaner, the wipes

i think the balconies are the same size on deck 7 & 8 except for a few traingular ones in the middle. it doesn't matter much because the "glass" is so filthy you can't see anyway!! take some window cleaner, the wipes

For the record, we've been on deck 7 forward on Brilliance and the balcony was double the size of the standard balcony. We'd book those staterooms again in a heartbeat. We also had room for two loungers.

The balconies on 7 are deeper than the ones on deck 8--hence larger.

FYI - I was on the Radiance last week and at least on deck 8 they were replacing the glass on the balconies during the port days.

They didn't replace ours because we had the corner aft and that balcony has 5 nonstandard shaped panes. :rolleyes: We tried to clean the glass to no avail - but I think over time they had been etched rather than just being dirty.

We had 7164 and 7166 on Radiance for Alaska in June and the balcony was about twice as deep as the others. There was obstruction for looking directly down. It was no biggie though. I would much rather have the extra long balcony especially in Alaska, the second half of the balcony is not covered so it is possible to be in the sun.

Archived