Give me an idea about movies both at MUTS and in my cabin

Ugly Betty Fan

Didn't you just post this?:)

They will show it if it is not rated R but w/ your timing you might miss it.They are showing "Dreamgirls" now which has been out in DVD for a bit. See if you can figure it out from there. Good Luck!

Hi I was reading a "Princess Patter" from a friends cruise of last year and they were showing " Brokeback Mountain" Even thought it was midnight I feel it is still a little bit to "adult" for veiwing because there are some children up until the wee hours of the morning

Poof fairy lol that is funny . When we were on the Crown a couple of months ago they didn't play movies like Jaws or Titanic. They play some older movies like Grease, Big, Herbie, Willie Wonka , Spelling Bee and some others in the day those were not on the tv in the stateroom they played other movies like Cars , an Adam Sadler movie of which I don't recall the name of right this minute. Nighttime they played Dreamgirls and other current releases.

Enjoy your trip :)

okay here's the deal

::blowing 'time out' whistle::

The search function is a great way to find stuff on CC simply because you may find info on MUTS for example in the "Ask a Cruise Question" or "Family Cruising" forum. While there is no limit to the number of threads you can start, often by just posting one thread titled something like "Princess Newbie Has Questions" you can set out the questions, get answers and not have to have a lot of threads to follow (I am assuming OP has figured out how to subscribe to threads bec. there are so many... if not that is also in the help section and you just go to the bottom of the screen and check off the option for each thread, if not).

SOOOOOO that being said I am leaving this up for now BUT I warn you I am home this weekend cleaning the basement :( which is not a task that makes a full-time working person a happy camper = comprende??? i.e. not sure how many personal battles will be allowed to rage on here..

play nice people:rolleyes:

Not sure what's playing currently on MUTS (and I haven't sailed on a ship with it yet), but usually the in-cabin tv will have a movie channel with a mix of recent DVD releases as well as some a bit older. The kids type will usually be on much earlier and the more adult ones in the evening, but there will be exceptions (on our last one, Wallace and Gromit played after 10pm one night and Ray on another night).

The schedule as well as other info about the ship will be in a little binder that will be on your desk (the divider will say something like in-cabin entertainment). If you can't find it, ask your cabin steward and he will point it out for you.

You'll notice that the movies will rotate through with a break between them, usually about 10-20 minutes depending on how close to the hour the last movie ended. But sometimes the movie may just play a couple of times. Other movies will end up playing in the Princess Theater (if that's what's on your ship) at some point during the cruise, usually at night.

There will also be other channels: the bridge cam channel (this is good if you get insides like we do); the navigation channel (info such as sea conditions), shore excursions channel, various satellite channels (news teletype that cycles through international news, British news, US news, sports, weather, stock markets), CNN, Boomerang/Discovery Channel, TBS, an oldies type channel (shows the AFI salutes to movies, various old sitcoms such as Seinfeld). On our cruise, there was a large group of French speaking passengers so one channel had movies in French (we were watching the Incredibles and Bewitched in French, even though we didn't know the language). Also some audio channels with just music playing over the bridge cam video.

Re: HP. On our last cruise or maybe the one prior, one of the HP movies did play. Also one of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Archived