has anyone used a product called "Easy Straight"?

nikita

My daughter found this product at Target. We were wondering if anyone has tried it - it is a hair straightner product (like a perm). It comes in different types - lasts one week, one month, and I think 6 months formulas. Our hair doesn't do well in humidity so we would like to try it but we don't want to waste our money if it doesn't work. Thanks for any information you can give us.

My daughter found this product at Target. We were wondering if anyone has tried it - it is a hair straightner product (like a perm). It comes in different types - lasts one week, one month, and I think 6 months formulas. Our hair doesn't do well in humidity so we would like to try it but we don't want to waste our money if it doesn't work. Thanks for any information you can give us.

Oh, I haven't heard of that product before. However, I have used VO5's straightener and it worked beautifully on my hair. I had a perm that was so frizzy I was losing my mind over it and I didn't want to cut my hair short. This stuff saved my sanity.

Good luck!

Oh, I haven't heard of that product before. However, I have used VO5's straightener and it worked beautifully on my hair. I had a perm that was so frizzy I was losing my mind over it and I didn't want to cut my hair short. This stuff saved my sanity.

Good luck!

Is it a product you use before you dry your hair - or a permanent thing?

I haven't tried it, but I do have a Chi hair straightener and it is the best $100 I ever spent! I have naturally wavy/curly hair (one side curls, one side waves), and I get board-straight hair by using it. I've noticed my hair doesn't frizz as much in humidity after I straighten using it.

I also use product that is made to use with heat (drying or straightening) and it also helps to protect it.

Something you might wanna look into!

I also have short, curly (and frizzy) hair. I've tried Thermasilk which is heat activated. I would put it on my damp hair and then blow it dry. I now get my hair professionally straightened. I believe she uses a product by Iso which is very mild. I still have the waves, but it cuts down on the frizz. Since I keep my hair short with a cut every 4 weeks, find that the product will last in my hair about 3 months. Plan to get it re-done before my cruise the end of August.

You might have to face the fact that unless you stay inside the ship at all times, there's going to be many bad hair days. Just go up on the top level and see how windy it gets! Especially up front. Hold onto your hats, it's like being in a wind tunnel. Ok, enough said, once you are back inside you can tame your locks so that they look good. You do want to look good for dinner on board. But don't worry the whole cruise about your hair, have fun!

There is a process from Japan that is supposed to straighten hair, but it takes several hours. My daughter wants to try it on her wavy hair but I'm afraid it may damage her hair because she swims everyday. Does anyone have any experience with this process and does it dry out hair that is not colored treated but exposed to chlorine?

There is a process from Japan that is supposed to straighten hair, but it takes several hours. My daughter wants to try it on her wavy hair but I'm afraid it may damage her hair because she swims everyday. Does anyone have any experience with this process and does it dry out hair that is not colored treated but exposed to chlorine?

I'm surprised that japanese hair straightening is new to you. It's been around for years and is VERY popular. Check some before/after phot's by doing a google search.

Yes, it works. Makes hair stick straight. It does not damage the hair.

I have never done it, but have tons of friends that do. It's wonderful.

Usually takes about 5 - 6 hours to do and costs about $500 - $800.

I'm surprised that japanese hair straightening is new to you. It's been around for years and is VERY popular. Check some before/after phot's by doing a google search.

Thanks for the info, Jane, but I'd like to caution any reader who is African American or has extremely curly-kinky air that neither Easy Straight or the Japanese hair straightening method is recommended for African American/extremely curly hair types. Both methods use chemical processes that can be damaging to hair; the japanese straightening method also uses a tremendous amount of heat, which is also extremely damaging as well.

Thanks for the info, Jane, but I'd like to caution any reader who is African American or has extremely curly-kinky air that neither Easy Straight or the Japanese hair straightening method is recommended for African American/extremely curly hair types. Both methods use chemical processes that can be damaging to hair; the japanese straightening method also uses a tremendous amount of heat, which is also extremely damaging as well.

I wish I could switch hair with you!!!!! My hair is baby-fine and straight as a poker!!!! :eek: I have had perms & body waves, neither of which lasted over 2 weeks. I have rolled my hair for 8 hours, and by the time I get out to the car, it's straight again. :o I have used hot rollers and curling irons, and not much luck.

My mother has wavy hair, but it looks like I got stuck with my dad's straight hair. :rolleyes: Oh, well.

Maybe in my next life I will come back with wavy hair!!!!!! :)

I bought the Easy Straight 3 month straightener and another product by the same company that is an intense moisturizer. The Easy Straight box gave some mild warnings about highlighted/fine hair, so I decided to research it online and found way more negative reveiws than positive. Some people reported their hair broke off :eek: . Needless to say, I returned it the next day.

I decided to use the moisturizer anyway. It really added moisture to my hair, but it also contains hydrogen peroxide (they say it's really mild). Well, my hair got a nice orange glow to it. I don't think the general public would ever notice it, but I did. So I won't be using anymore Easy Straight products again.

Archived