Carry on Question

GeeBee1022

What do you carry in your carry on? Travel docs, 2 LEGAL bottles of champagne, meds, jewelry and $$? What kind of carry on do you take? A backpack, or a little rolling one? I am wondering how long I will have to lug it around before we can get inot our rooms!

I can't remember what I carried last time (it was 4 years ago), and at the time, I didn't know about Cruise Critic, so I probably carried the wrong stuff in the wrong bag! LOL!! Y'all are great!

What do you carry in your carry on? Travel docs, 2 LEGAL bottles of champagne, meds, jewelry and $$? What kind of carry on do you take? A backpack, or a little rolling one? I am wondering how long I will have to lug it around before we can get inot our rooms!

I can't remember what I carried last time (it was 4 years ago), and at the time, I didn't know about Cruise Critic, so I probably carried the wrong stuff in the wrong bag! LOL!! Y'all are great!

Most of the cabin stewards will let you stow your carry on in your room even if it is not ready.

Usually, you can get into your cabin around 1:00 PM or so. With that being said, we each carry a rolling bag. We pack all of our valuables, one or two changes of clothes, swimwear, medications, and anything else we may need until our remaining baggage is delivered to the cabin.

One of the first things we do is head to the buffet for lunch. The cabins are usually ready by the time we have finished eating. So we really are not lugging anything around for very long.

When we boarded Destiny just recently at 12:30 our cabins were not due to be ready until 2:30 and even though the "Big" door were shut to cabins, we just walked in and asked our room steward if it was ok to drop off and they said CERTAINLY! That has been the case on every cruise we have taken, just so long as you are not lingering around the cabin, it should be fine.

When we boarded Destiny just recently at 12:30 our cabins were not due to be ready until 2:30 and even though the "Big" door were shut to cabins, we just walked in and asked our room steward if it was ok to drop off and they said CERTAINLY! That has been the case on every cruise we have taken, just so long as you are not lingering around the cabin, it should be fine.

Thanks! I think that is what we did last time! And unlike Peto, I will have a lot more than 1 backpack!:o I know how to travel light when I am skiing and backpacking, but not when I am cruising!!!

Archived