Seattle Ramada Downtown 5th Ave STAY AWAY FROM IT

rpinphx1

I am writing from the hotel lobby. Checked in yesterday and can't wait to get out of here. ASAP. Holland America please come get me!

Positives: it's in Seattle, nice lobby, near a coffee shop, hair dryer, small coffee machine, iron in the room

Negatives: poor housekeeping, small restaurant is NOT open for dinner.

Front desk shakes their heads up/down and pacifies you when you tell them there is brown goo on the ceiling or there is not soap, shampoo, lamp doesn't work , tissues in the room. No local shuttle as stated on the phone either.

I paid for a king and got 2 queens.

I will never stay here again. Even if it is fee. I am tolerating it because it is one night and I have no choice. Yes, I spoke in person at the front desk within an hour of checking in that the room was a disaster. Nothing was done. They really do not care. They know how long you're staying, know your a seasonal one shot cruiser and are treated this way.

I even asked for a tissue at the front desk and they couldn't find one.

Come on!!!! I had to go to the restaurant to get a napkin.

I know this is not the Ritz, but Motel 6 is an upgrade. I have been all over the world & never have had this exp.

I paid $152 including tax. I would gladly have paid more for a tissue, soap, etc . Do yourself a favor -change your hotel if you're going here. They didn't make any apology, effort or interest. AAA booked this "deal" for me.

Hopefully, my exp is the odd one and the rest of you love this place. But, it's just a cautionary FYI.

Disgusted with Ramada.

:(Sorry to hear about that, rpin. Try Priceline or Hotwire next time. You could get the Westin or other 4* for that price (see biddingfortravel.com for bids and wins). I'm sure your cruise will make you forget about it.

My best suggestion for you would be to put the hotel on a credit card that would be willing to listen to your plight and negotiate a deal after the fact for your inconvenience. American Express is always very customer-friendly in situations like this. You should be compensated for your inconvenience assuming that you are not able to check out and go elsewhere.

Archived