Two person table on the Glory

KELGIRL

I have one small issue for my upcoming cruise on the Glory on 9/11: I want a table w/ just my husband and I. I'm not antisocial but there are 3 main reasons why I want us to be by ourselves:

1) We're getting married on 8/28 and this will be our honeymoon and I don't want to share my soon to be husband w/ anyone else;)

2) We're both vegetarians and while we don't have a problem w/ other people eating meat we really don't want to spend our vacation dinners watching people eat animals

3) My soon to be husband is deathly (seriously, he has to carry an epi-pen) allergic to shellfish and I'm concerned that if we are a table w/ others something might happen (I'm sure everyone has had a Pretty Woman escargot experience w/ lobster or crab legs slipping or splattering in a most embarrassing manner) and I'd rather he and I not end up in a hospital because of it.

So... what do all of you suggest that I do to get a table for the two of us?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Kelly

Ask your travel agent to request a small table. When you get onboard the ship the first thing you should do is head to the dining room to find your table- if you are not happy find the matre de and ask for a change.

Dont suffer in silence... Thats his job.

Hi,

The Glory has tables for 2. Just make sure your TA requests one then follow up with Carnival to make sure that is what they have as well. When you check in, your sail and sign card will show your table number and seating time and the dining room (Glory has 2). As soon as you get on the ship, go directly to the dining room (don't go to your cabin, bar or anything) and look for the table. They're all numbered and there is always someone working there that can direct you because they'll be setting up for the early dinner. If the table is not what you want, hunt down the Maitre'd to get it changed. I can't stress enough to go as soon as you board because if you wait there will be a huge line. I waited once and had to wait almost 2 hours in line to get it changed. I'll never make that mistake again.

Also, I suggest dinner at the Emerald supper club. It's well worth the money and very romantic. You need to make reservations. We usually go on one of the non-formal nights. Your husband will need a jacket and tie for that night as well as the 2 formal nights.

Congratulations and have a great cruise.

Referencing #3)

Be careful about soups and sauces. Often times even though there isn't any meat actually in the above when served, they are prepared with animal meat and fat to give it taste.

When I was a kid (and still), I couldn't stand to eat oysters even cooked. So when my Mother would make oyster soup, she'd take out the oysters before serving the soup to me. I loved the milky soup with the oyster flavor, but in your case if this or something similar to it happened it could be catastrophic I would guess. :(

Have a great cruise. You'll love the GLORY. Guaranteed ! ! :D

Thank you so much for all of your advice! I booked directly w/ Carnival and I asked for a table for two but as you al1 know, there are no guarantees. I’m going to make sure that the first thing that I do when I get onboard (besides thanking the dear lord that I’m there!) is go to the dining room and check our table.

Also, I especially want to thank “glrounds” for your advice about soups and sauces because it is so true. I have to be especially careful w/ my fiancés shellfish allergy because some strange things will shellfish ingredients and derivatives it in it. I was going to by one of those “create a meal” type things in the frozen section and thank God I checked the ingredients because oyster juice was one of them. Could have been a VERY bad diner otherwise!

Archived