Bonnie Voyager.....We need your help!

Once again, THANKS, BONNIE!

I think we've made our decision.....We will book 9404/9704, and then continue trying for 1700/1400. You never know, we might get lucky!

We will be happy no matter where we are.....after all, we will be on the AFT and ON A CRUISE!

Happy sailing to all.

GREAT choice!!! 9404/9704 is not exactly the "booby prize", so even if you don't snag 1700 or 1400 don't sweat it! You will LOVE your location!

Dear Bonnie,

We booked the only aft cabin we could find on the liberty of the seas available 6712 right next to the presidential suite.

We have been told that along with deck 7 the only aft cabins with privacy.

Whats your opinion on that cabin.

P.S. Its our honeymoon.

Here is a link to photos of the Presidential Suite. It is just a wee bit larger than your cabin/balcony ;) , but the view is the same! So, you can get the feel for what you have booked.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/549894454luKIQJ?start=0

I must be honest in saying it is not my favorite aft location, but I would never turn it down if someone told me I had to stay there or I couldn't cruise! :D Whether or not I would take it instead of a side cabin is a really tough question. I LOVE the view of the wake, so I would probably take deck 6 aft over a side cabin of the same category (E). But having never actually needed to make this decision, I'm not sure what I would do. I know I would take it over a side category E cabin but if I could move to a side category D or JS instead, I might be inclined to do that. If I have a small balcony then I prefer a larger cabin. I know this wasn't the answer you wanted. But I can tell you many people have sailed in deck 6 aft cabins and then booked the exact same cabin again and again! So I know it isn't a bad choice! Good luck with your decision!

Okay how about the aft cabins on deck 7. We have 7388 booked on the AOS and my wife wants to know if she we be able lay out and get full sun on our deck. I have seen the pictures and know it is huge and I will be able to get plenty of shade but was curious as to if the obstructions block the sun.

Deck 7 aft/corner is one of those part sun/part shade sort of cabins! Yes, you can get sun, sometimes FULL sun, but not always! You can always get shade though!

Deck 7 aft/corner is one of those part sun/part shade sort of cabins! Yes, you can get sun, sometimes FULL sun, but not always! You can always get shade though!
You brought your 'A' game to this thread! Nothing to add. Just wanted to acknowledge your "mad skilz" and say hello. We're off on Majesty tomorrow!

Just wanted to says thanks Bonnie for those great AFT pictures - they helped us in choosing our cabin 7688 and 7690 for our Mariner cruise a few weeks ago - we loved those cabins and definitely would go AFT again!!

Thanks Bonnie,

After seeing though the pictures its rather far from the sea view and would rather go for a side view. Where would you think its best to book. Thanks a lot for the photos!!

Whats the difference of E cabins and D cabins?

You brought your 'A' game to this thread! Nothing to add. Just wanted to acknowledge your "mad skilz" and say hello. We're off on Majesty tomorrow!

Safe travels to you! I've been working like crazy this weekend booking my tours for our upcoming Serenade Cruise! I think I'm all set now though! Enjoy Majesty! Say hi to E.

Thanks Bonnie,

After seeing though the pictures its rather far from the sea view and would rather go for a side view. Where would you think its best to book. Thanks a lot for the photos!!

Whats the difference of E cabins and D cabins?

E cabins have a loveseat and D cabins have a full sofa, so the cabin size is probably about 4 feet longer in a D which isn't much but it does give you a bit more space to move about. If you are booking a side cabin, start by looking at "hump" cabins (which is the curved middle part of Voyager, Freedom and Radiance-classed ships). If none of those are available just be aware of what is above and below whatever cabin you book. Some areas are noisier than others. If you book on a deck that is wedged between passenger decks any cabin should be fine. Some cabins on deck 10 are right below the lounge chairs by the pools and you can hear the chairs being dragged around in the wee hours by the staff who clean those decks early in the morning. Probably not noisy enough to wake you up, but if you are a light sleeper you may hear it. When I book a side cabin I still prefer to be from mid-ship to aft versus more forward. Although, I have had a cabin right on the bow of the ship facing forward and it was a great cabin (it was not on Royal Caribbean though). I tend to notice more movement at the front of the ship than anywhere else. I have never been seasick though, so I don't worry too much about that, but if you do get seasick or are worried about it, stay midship! Good luck choosing!

Thanks for all your great advice and pics Bonnie! We had 1688 on the Mariner last New Year's Eve and loved it. We have both 1688 and 1388 on the AOS next May 11 and interestingly they let us book 2 in 1688 for my wife and I and a single in 1388 for my mom. This is a C & L member cruise and also before kids get out for school, so they probably aren't worried about needing that many triples and quads. These cabins really are like getting a free JS and the balcony spoiled us for anything else, we had breakfast for all 7 of us out there!

Bonnie,

Sorry too bother you as this is not about an aft. Just wondering if you knew anything about cabins 9612, 9614 and 9618 on the Mariner of the Seas. I have all 3 booked for my family and was wondering if these were a good choice, rooms or balconies any diff. from reg. rooms since they are on hump. One of my children usually gets very seasick no matter what and we have decided to move center ship. Do you also know if the balcony dividers can be opened?

Thank you

Dear Bonnie,

Thanks a lot for the information. Which of the following rooms would you suggest.

Thank you once again. I am in your debt!!!

6334 is on the hump and is a great choice! It is a category E so would probably save you a buck or two versus a category D which is nice too. With the choices you listed they are all good! The only one I would not choose would be 8314 since it is just a regular/side category E. I would take the category E on the hump or a regular Category D anywhere. :D Remember too that as time passes other cabins will open up, so pick what you like the best for now but keep watching for your ideal aft cabin to open up!

Thank you Bonnie for all the information you provided me.

Is there a service where it notifies you if cabins are freeing up?

Thank you once again for the information you provide me and others whore are lost!!

Ok, we have 9690 on Mariner in January and we are also concerned about the sun. It will be our 1st aft cabin and it was all that was available at the time we booked. I like the sun, but not for exended periods of time. Can you tell me specifically what "a lot of sun" means in your estimation? Is it certains times of the day? Are there times when there is no shade at all and if so, what time of day. I guess I need to know how much shade I can expect and would appreciate your help in that regard. We will be on the Mariner in September and I intend to try to get a peek of that balcony while on board.

Thanks

When in Sept. will you be on the Mariner??? We have 9690 on the Sept 9th sailing & you are more than welcome to come by & have a look if you are on then.........:D

Thank you Bonnie for all the information you provided me.

Is there a service where it notifies you if cabins are freeing up?

Thank you once again for the information you provide me and others whore are lost!!

I'm not aware of any such service. I would just call RCCL directly and ask them if there are any aft cabins available. You can call every day if you want to! You will get a different rep each time so they don't care how many times you call! Sooner or later, an aft cabin will pop up! Meanwhile, don't fret about it! I've sailed in every kind of cabin that exists and no cruise was better than another simply because I was in a better cabin! You will forget all about all this worry once you are onboard the ship!

We are sailing in an aft corner, (Freedom) we choose Deck 7 Stateroom 7408 because of Fitzla's recommendations of the nice large balcony and there are only 2 of us.

We also sailed on a corner aft deck 10 on the Radiance about 4 years ago, can't remember the room number and there were just the two of us again.

I love those rooms, and can't wait till October 14th. Our first time on the Freedom and that class of ships.

Bonnie, thanks for all your info you post, it is appreciated.

Carol

Karen--Thanks for the offer, we are on the 9/2 trip and will be getting off the day you are boarding. I can only hope the folks that have that cabin on our cruise are as kind as you. I will still attempt to knock, it never hurts to ask.

Bonnie--thanks for your input about the "sunny issues". We will give it a go for January and then make a decision for future cruises.

Thanks for the info. DO you think the hump will effect the views if any of the balcony??

You won't even notice the effect that the hump has on your view. You won't be able to see all the way toward the bow of the ship, but you will only lose such a small part of the view and what you do see will be so awesome you won't care!

Hi Bonnie-

Thanks for all of your great tips! We just were able to grab 7688 on the Navigator next July on a chartered trip with Atlantis Events going from Barcelona to Rome. We had 8390 but I didn't realize that it had the "storm" type door versus the sliding glass doors. The photos you posted were a great help and I am sure we will love 7688 as much as you do!

Thanks for all of the valuable information and for being so gracious with your time.

Hi Bonnie-

Thanks for all of your great tips! We just were able to grab 7688 on the Navigator next July on a chartered trip with Atlantis Events going from Barcelona to Rome. We had 8390 but I didn't realize that it had the "storm" type door versus the sliding glass doors. The photos you posted were a great help and I am sure we will love 7688 as much as you do!

Thanks for all of the valuable information and for being so gracious with your time.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...