upgrade fairy

renata102

Well the upgrade fairy visited me tonight, the night before my cruise and upgaded me. its not a great upgrade but MUCH better than what I had before!

Thank you magical upgrade fairy! for making my day!

A few more hours and we are boarding the Crown Princess out of BROOKLYN!

Talk to you guys laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Twenty cruises and no visit from the upgrade fairy yet,

and we've booked cabins outside and in, and balconies and guarantees.

Our friends went on their 1st cruise this summer and got upgraded

to Penthouse, the next day their son and DIL also got upgraded to

Penthouse! What are we doing wrong? :rolleyes:

Upgrade fairy visited us late yesterday afternoon for our cruise that leaves tomorrow. We booked an Inside J and got bumped to an EE oceanview...not even obstructed. Did not expect it at all. Nice email to get from my TA! Now I just have to figure out how to get all my stuff to fit into the suitcases!

Twenty cruises and no visit from the upgrade fairy yet,

and we've booked cabins outside and in, and balconies and guarantees.

Our friends went on their 1st cruise this summer and got upgraded

to Penthouse, the next day their son and DIL also got upgraded to

Penthouse! What are we doing wrong? :rolleyes:

I know right where you are coming from on this one. 20th Princess cruise coming up and although we have received some really nice upgrades on other cruise lines, with Princess, our very first was the only time. And we found out once onboard why. We paid about 5 times what all of the others paid for our sailing, this was before internet access and discount TA's.

Since then, the only two upgrades we have received (and I don't really consider them upgrades) were when we booked AE gurantees. Once to an AA and once to an AB category, same type of stateroom, just in a different area of the ship. Some consider any upgrade an upgrade, but to us, this is just moving you around a bit. True upgrades are rare anymore. Just watch these messge boards. For the amount of members posting, you just don't see a lot of upgrades to the next class of cabin when you take into consideration how many passengers post here.

To the OP, Congratulations.....................you received a very nice upgrade for what you originally booked. Way to go, I know you will love it.

I know right where you are coming from on this one. 20th Princess cruise coming up and although we have received some really nice upgrades on other cruise lines, with Princess, our very first was the only time. And we found out once onboard why. We paid about 5 times what all of the others paid for our sailing, this was before internet access and discount TA's.

Since then, the only two upgrades we have received (and I don't really consider them upgrades) were when we booked AE gurantees. Once to an AA and once to an AB category, same type of stateroom, just in a different area of the ship. Some consider any upgrade an upgrade, but to us, this is just moving you around a bit. True upgrades are rare anymore. Just watch these messge boards. For the amount of members posting, you just don't see a lot of upgrades to the next class of cabin when you take into consideration how many passengers post here.

To the OP, Congratulations.....................you received a very nice upgrade for what you originally booked. Way to go, I know you will love it.

Did they say what they got? I must have missed that.

The upgrade fairy visited us too! We booked the lowest room possible for our Alaska cruise and just got upgraded to JJ on Baja. This cruise doesn't even leave until September.

One other upgrade was from a small balcony to a large one on a transatlantic last year. Actually, both times were on the Golden Princess. Guess we have had pretty good luck with that fairy. :)

Archived