Atlantis

Jesterscourt

We are interested in the submarine dive but feel we would have to sacrifice going to Stingray City. Our ship also calls on Cozumel which also has an Atlantis. Should we do it there instead? Is there a major difference between the two?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jesterscourt,

I was looking for the same information back in April. The only thing that I did find out was that: Wilma did some damage to the reefs in Conzumel but if that affected what you see from the Atlantis window ? I do not know.

I did two tours in the Atlantis sub ( not the super deep one): one at the end of April on our cruise in Grand Cayman and one in St Thomas two years ago ...... I can not say that there was that much diffrence .... not much color in neither (daylight in the water at bigger depths will not show colors) .... so you probably will be just as happy in one location as in another.

You also might consider the semi sub - there was actually more color and fish (they were feeding them) on the semi-sub.

Wes

I did the Atlantis on GC a few years ago,and was not impressed at all..maybe the kids would like it (the idea of being in the sub),but it was so full it was hard to even see out of a window and what I did see was really nothing...we took the one in Coz AFTER the hurricane,and it was more interesting only to see the damage that was under the ocean,not for any fish or scenery.I wouldnt waste my money to do either again though..

I agree about the semi sub...I know you can get out and feed the fish..that would probably be more interesting...

Archived