Seattle Pier 91 Construction & Location

cruzingduo

Can anyone give us information on the new dock (?) Pier 91. We are coming on the Radiance in September and will be docking there for a day.

Is the dock construction complete?

Are we near the Pikes Market or the aquarium? How far away is the needle? Is it walking distance?

Any info would be appreciated.

Pier 91 is at the north end of Elliott Bay. It is not in walking distance from the main water front area or the Space Needle. It would require a short cab ride. Pier 91 was formally a Navy facility and the new cruise terminal is not completed.

but it doesn't look like the new dock at Pier 91 will be ready until the 2009 at the earliest - here's a link to an article on the subject:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003659733_cruise10.html

This affects HAL and Princess the most as they use Pier 30 - NCL and Celebrity/RCCL shouldn't be affected as they use Pier 66

Hopes this helps and perhaps one of the many locals on these boards can clear up the confusion some more

Cheers

Dennis

Urban trekker, thanks for the info. I checked the cruise ship web site and they show Radiance at E91. I beleive they had 2 ships at pier 30 and 1 at pier 66 and us at E91. So maybe we'll use 66 too. If we end up at 66 can we walk to the Pike's Market or the Needle?

If i have read the schedule correctly you are on the Radiance on Sept 23, that is also the day that I am currently booking a one nighter on the Pearl to Vancouver and we will be leaving from Pier 66 - you are central to most of the waterfront attractions - you could walk up to the Needle but it is steep uphill all the way - the buses in the downtown core are free - perhaps the locals can tell you which ones to take.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Boy if you are at Pier 91, you are in the walking distance of nothing. Since this was a NAVY base for the last 40-60 years or so. Ever since I was a wee one. Pier 91 is located in light industrial part of the bay. Go to google earth and it the the farest north on Elliott Bay. Bus service is available, but goes down town. To get to Seattle Center ( where the Space Needle is located) you will need to take a taxi. Hope this helps. :)

Archived