Dawn BD balcony question

I am looking at my photos of the ship and it looks like the balcony cabins - cat BD deck 8 would be more enclosed that the ones above on deck 9. Can anyone share info on this? Also, do the balconies open up between rooms on the Dawn?

Thanks if you can help..

I am going to answer my own question here, as I have spent the past few days in research with this. The BD cabin balconies are less "open" from the exterior than the BC (although there are some BC cabins on deck 9 - those closest to the bow of the ship which are also the more "closed in" cabins).

We were happy to find that when we went to book the price had changed to being the exact same for every category balcony, so we booked the BA.

I was only able to figure this out after blowing up the photo's that I took of the ship and checking the deck plans.

I still am not sure if the balconies open up, but I will check with the TA tomorrow and if she has any info I will post here..

Archived