possible to lose 20 lbs in 30 days?

skclang314

Is it possible to lose 20 lbs in 30 days or do the measures have to be drastic and could it be too dangerous? I don't know what kind of diet to go on?? Any suggestions? I want to stay healthy and not restrict myself too much. And I don't have much time to work out. HELP!!

Is it possible to lose 20 lbs in 30 days or do the measures have to be drastic and could it be too dangerous? I don't know what kind of diet to go on?? Any suggestions? I want to stay healthy and not restrict myself too much. And I don't have much time to work out. HELP!!

20 lbs in 30 days is possible, particularly if you have a LOT of weight to lose. But, that is not really a safe rate of loss. Generally, 2 lbs/wk is about it after the first couple of weeks on a weight loss diet.

If you aren't exercising, then I don't think it is possible unless you are starving yourself. That can really mess you up pretty bad, because your metabolism is going to go into starvation mode - your body will think that the world is running out of food, and you'll go into a hyperefficient mode.

I'm guessing that you are asking because you have a cruise or something else in 30 days - I'd really suggest that you reconcile yourself w/ the fact that you won't be much lighter than you are now in 30 days and, after you return to your normal routine, start on a sensible program. Good luck!

skclang 314, It is possible to lose at least 10lbs in 30days and maybe more. You should lose about 5lbs the first week of an Atkins diet. I have lost 10lbs in 30days, but I cheated more than I should have. I think Atkins is a good diet because you eat what God put here....I mean no white stuff, four, sugar and starches. Go to the Atkins website or sugarfreesheila.com to get the basics. Good luck and keep us posted.

But like RB Bonzo said; make a plan for when you return, if a cruise is why you wanted to lose so much in 30days. If you lose 10-20lbs on Atkins in 30days, you will puff up if you go on cruise and load up on carbs. You could gain 5lbs in a week! So, think about what that would do to your body. RB and I are on a 10% body weight in 3 month program, maybe you would like to join us. Just check out the 10% thread in this forum.

Again, good luck.

When I am in a panic about losing weight fast, I eat fresh fruits and vegetables...only....all day long. I do mean nothing else except water. At dinner, do not combine proteins and starches. Chicken and vegetables, steak and vegetables, fine. No proteins and starches together.

Add to that working out, even walking an hour, seven days a week, you will be amazed at what you can lose. And it's not unhealthy. That is why vegetarians look so darn good. It's just impossible to eat like that, at least for me, for any length of time.

Jane

Skclang,

Try this web site http://www.hcgdiet.com. It is safe and you can lose weight doing it. My husband and I both did this diet. He lost 30 pounds in about 30 days and I lost 16 pounds in 23 days.

Its based on a program Dr. Simeons developed. This diet has been around for 50 years. There is some "negative" opinions out there about it. But it does work.

But it does involve a life style change of eating also.. I have been off the diet for 3 months now and have kept the weight off. You may want to look in to it. That web site will give you a lot of information.

I went through a clinic in Florida.. But I have herd that clinic is a good one to go through also. You may find a local clinic in TX, but this web site probably will get you started with info..

Biggest question that you can be asked in a weight loss group.......do you want to lose 10 (or whatever amount) pounds fast......if so, is it FAT? Or are you losing muscle as in heart muscle weight? You want to lose weight the right way. You slowly put it on, you slowly will lose it if you want to keep it off.

Skclang,

Try this web site www.hcgdiet.com. It is safe and you can lose weight doing it. My husband and I both did this diet. He lost 30 pounds in about 30 days and I lost 16 pounds in 23 days.

Its based on a program Dr. Simeons developed. This diet has been around for 50 years. There is some "negative" opinions out there about it. But it does work.

But it does involve a life style change of eating also.. I have been off the diet for 3 months now and have kept the weight off. You may want to look in to it. That web site will give you a lot of information.

I went through a clinic in Florida.. But I have herd that clinic is a good one to go through also. You may find a local clinic in TX, but this web site probably will get you started with info..

This sounds like a great system, but I simply cannot afford it. I'm looking for a system that I can do at home with my own foods and not have to order food or pay a weekly or monthly payment. Thanks for the advice though!!

I have lost two pounds in 2 days, just eating a little healthier and less. I could be eating even healthier though. I like the veggie and fruit idea bc i love veggies and fruits! anybody have any good recipes with low fat or no fat? it's hard for me to give up sugar and flour (ive heard this is a great way to lose lots), i just cant do it! love me some sugar and flour! LOL

Thanks for all the feedback ya'll!

Biggest question that you can be asked in a weight loss group.......do you want to lose 10 (or whatever amount) pounds fast......if so, is it FAT? Or are you losing muscle as in heart muscle weight? You want to lose weight the right way. You slowly put it on, you slowly will lose it if you want to keep it off.

answering your question, i believe it's fat. I am about 5'0 and 118 pounds. 2 years ago (same height) i was 98 pounds. I felt so much more comfortable in my skin then. Now there are lots of problem areas (my stomach, thighs) I even eat better now than i did two years ago. I don't eat fast food, but 2 years ago when i was under 100 lbs i ate crap all the time! i don't understand what happened?!! I guess weight gain comes with age! (really sucks!)

I can understand the money. I don't know what that clinic charges, but ours wasn't expensive and we eat our own food... We eat all organic anyways...

The Dr. Simeons program does work and you lose weight in all the "right" places. Plus you use you own foods.. At least that what we did.. The 1st appt. was about $200 or $300 (can't remember) that was for my husband and I and the hcg was $40 for a week. We where only on it for about a month though.

You may be able to find a place in TX.. But good luck anyways. I hope you find what will work for you...

I am on a program called Kimkins. (The cost is a one-time fee of $60) I've lost 25 pounds the first month. There is no special food, etc. but you do have to stick with the program for it to work. It is all about protein - no or very little carbs and no or very little fat. Once you go into ketosis from eating no carbs, you tend to lose your appetite which helps things along. I like the idea that protein is key and that you should also take a multivitamin supplement until you get to the point where you are eating fruits and vegetables.

There are several menu options for doing the program and only one includes an exercise requirement.

Archived