Boat trips vs shore snorkeling in Hawaii

IAMAMT

I am a little confused.:confused: Lately on this board there has been some comments that the Molokini trip is not the best option for snorkeling in Maui. We are going in Oct. and after some research had decided to do the shore snorkeling along the Kona Shore an take the boat ride to Molokini. We had picked the all day trip from Lahaina. Now after reading a lot of comments I am thinking of doing the Captain Zodiac to Kealakekua Bay and doing my shore diving in Maui.

What are some of your recommendations for snorkeling in Hawaii.

Aloha. I can understand your being a bit overwhelmed with all the choices. If I had to choose one snorkel excursion, it would be Kealakekua Bay on the BI. Second choice would be a Lanai excursion out of Lahaina, Maui (which would pretty much be a full day). If doing a ship excursion, Molokini would be a third choice. There are numerous places to snorkel on your own on each island. This is a link to a current thread about Maui choices (excursion vs. on your own). The last post (which is mine) has a dozen links to recent threads which discuss many of the good snorkeling choices (both excursions and on your own). As you can imagine, yours is a common question, and there's quite a bit of good information available. You could also do an advanced search on this forum only for "snorkel" and go back about 6 months.

beachchick

You mention a link to snorkeling information, but it was not in your post. Can you give me more specifics about this?

Yes, it would be helpful if I actually gave you the link I copied...(she smacks her forehead).:o Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=587006&highlight=snorkel

Hope it gives you some good ideas.

beachchick

Archived