Cabin 1001 - Victory - 6b OV- good?

vesw01

I just got an upgrade to this cabin (yes I know it is a disability cabin, my grandmother uses a wheelchair). I was told there was a partial obstruction because people can walk by the window, but supposedly most people don't walk in the area.

This cabin is supposed to be 320 sq ft, with a pull out single couch, pull down bunk and 2 twin/king.

Anyone been in this area of the Victory or a sister ship? Do you feel a lot of movement being so high up?

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

but supposedly most people don't walk in the area.

That would be WRONG! That is an observation deck outside your window. There are people out there most all the time that the ship is at sea, and when entering and/or leaving port. It is one of my most favorite places on deck. There's not a *lot* of people, but it will not be deserted either.

The PVP at Carnival assured me that this was a low traveled area, she even brought it up without me having asked yet.

Do you think that there will be a lot of noise there?

Are partial obstructions usually cheaper than non obstructed?

I have decided cabin bookings are going to be the death of me. I am just trying to find something that caters to everyone in my party and isn't going to blow the budget waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy outta control.

The PVP at Carnival assured me that this was a low traveled area, she even brought it up without me having asked yet.

Do you think that there will be a lot of noise there?

I cannot speak for your PVP. :rolleyes:

Noise? No, but there *will* be traffic. Many people do not know that there is access to this area, but there are enough who do. I love taking a cup of coffee out there at sunrise to watch the ship maneuver into port. It is *far* less crowded than the more public decks.

Remember to keep your draperies drawn. :eek:

Honestly, this is one of my favorate spots on the ship too, but on my Victory cruise I found hardly anyone out there ever and usually had the entire deck to myself. It's clearly out of the way and generally people go there to be alone or quiet. Because it's at the front of the ship this deck is sometimes closed due to winds or is just plain too windy to stand out there. At night there's minimal lighting (i.e. almost ptich darkness) so again fewer people venture out there. Since the front of the ship must be kept as dark as possible so the bridge personal can see forward at night, you will be requested to keep your drapes closed past sundown. Just as well, people can see clearly into the room otherwise after dark. Finally there are no chairs or loungers out there and absolutely no place to sit, so again people tend not to linger.

Coming into and out of port there will be people, the rest of the time a few might be the odd person out there. Given the size of the room (and I'm assuming it's a free upgrade from an inside) I'd enjoy the room. As for noise as I said this seems to be the place for quiet reflection, there's no music and most of the ship never figures out how to even access this deck. I wouldn't worry.

Thank you Rob for that uplifting post. We got the upgrade for $60 from a 4C so it seemed fair enough. I was really happy to have the extra room and a pull out sofa instead of the extra pull down bunk.

Having not been on a cruise, this is the only thing I am able to worry about. I can never seem well enough alone and just be happy (hard to be happy when you don't have a clue!)

Thanks for all the info -this board is great!

Archived