San Francisco Hotel Question

folashade

I am going to be in San Francisco next month and am trying to choose between 2 hotels. I am at the Palace for a conference for several days for work and am staying on for 4 days. My question is should I stay at the Palace for the additional days or move to the Westin St Francis

Any input would be great

Go for the Westin St Francis. While parts of it remind me of a dungeon (just because its pretty dark) the upper levels have some great views of the city. Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy your stay in SF!

A COOL FEATURE OF GOOGLE STREET VIEW IS THAT YOU CAN WALK IN FRONT OF YOUR HOTEL WITH YOUR CURSOR....VERY AMAZING!!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=&layer=c&cbll=37.829315,-122.479712&cbp=2,143,0.511890388205883,0&ie=UTF8&ll=37.88427,-122.471981&spn=0.122613,0.271912&z=13&om=1&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-google-svn&utm_medium=ha

I am going to be in San Francisco next month and am trying to choose between 2 hotels. I am at the Palace for a conference for several days for work and am staying on for 4 days. My question is should I stay at the Palace for the additional days or move to the Westin St Francis

Any input would be great

I prefer the St. Francis for its proximity to Union Square and all of the shopping and dining associated with it. The Palace is also a fine hotel, but all else being equal, the St. Francis wins for its location.

That, and the fact that my Senior Prom was at the St. Francis, in the Grand Ballroom. And, if price is not an issue, dine at Michael Mina at the St. Francis.

Good luck, and enjoy your stay in my fair city!

WoW -- are you one of those rare native (born) San Franciscan? Your recommendations are right on the mark! /Sultan

That, and the fact that my Senior Prom was at the St. Francis, in the Grand Ballroom. And, if price is not an issue, dine at Michael Mina at the St. Francis.

Good luck, and enjoy your stay in my fair city!

Quite a fancy conference! That dinner is over $200 pp without wine. /Sultan

Thanks for the tips. I'm still on the fence but this helps. We have a team dinner at Michael Mina that Sunday night so that is covered

I'd vote for the St. Francis for the extra days, but do have a meal, preferably breakfast or lunch in the Garden Ct. room at the Plaza. the stained glass ceiling is gorgeous in sunlight.

Archived