What to do with your wallet while at the beach?

Meliss503

Ok, so I know this is kind of dumb. But what do you do with your wallet and money while you are at the beach? Does Orient Beach have lockers? In the past we have just stuck it in the bottom of our beach bag, placed in under our lounge chairs, and just kept an eye on it while in the water. Is there a better way to safeguard it from being stolen? There are only two of us, so it's no fun when one has to stay with the stuff.

Ok, so I know this is kind of dumb. But what do you do with your wallet and money while you are at the beach? Does Orient Beach have lockers? In the past we have just stuck it in the bottom of our beach bag, placed in under our lounge chairs, and just kept an eye on it while in the water. Is there a better way to safeguard it from being stolen? There are only two of us, so it's no fun when one has to stay with the stuff.

Try a waterproof plastic water wallet. A big one can hold room key, credit cards and folding money.

We use the small waterproof boxes by Witzprod (there are other companies; that's simply the one I found first). They're fantastic. We have two of the smallest, thinnest ones, which hold ship card, CC, and cash. We have another of the next size up, which holds the above plus rental car key, lip balm, and a couple of hand wipes. I think it would hold a small wallet, but there are other larger sizes available too. The boxes are hard plastic with hinged, gasketed lids. We put a tiny bit of vasoline around the gasket to keep it in good condition (don't use silicone, it's too sticky for this purpose). We've never had one leak. They come with straps that can go around your neck (on land, we do that and DH tucks it into his shirt pocket). For the water, I have my DH wrap the straps around the back arm strap of my swimsuit. Then I have him tuck them into my suit at the small of my back. They're safe and out of the way. I also recommend getting the vivid, "not going to miss it in the water" colors (bright yellow, screaming lime green, etc.) because the translucent and pretty greens, aquas, and blues would be difficult to spot if one happened to come off in the water.

There are also men's trunks with a flexible water wallet inside "pocket" built right in. (Just to clarify, those aren't by Witzprod, but I imagine that any good sporting goods store would have those kinds of trunks available.) Many men swear by them. I don't know that they'd hold a whole wallet, but most people don't seem to bring their whole wallets off the ship anyway. We only bring what we need for the day.

beachchick

...For the water, I have my DH wrap the straps around the back arm strap of my swimsuit. Then I have him tuck them into my suit at the small of my back....

beachchick

And all along the Chick maintains she doesn't wear a top at Orient. :confused:

And all along the Chick maintains she doesn't wear a top at Orient. :confused:

Ah, but you must understand, my dear Kal, that we don't snorkel on St. Martin. It's true that I most certainly do not wear my top at Orient.:D I definitely do wear one (either tanksuit or tankini) for snorkeling, but that's elsewhere in the Caribbean and in Hawaii.

I suppose that if we did chose to snorkel at Orient, I probably would put on my top for that. We don't bother because the snorkeling at Orient isn't that great, but the lounging, strolling, and swimming definitely is.

I wouldn't want you to be disappointed in me.;)

beachchick

Archived