NCL Pearl - Alaska - AFT BA or AF MiniSuite Port Side?

Yankee123

We are planning an Alaska cruise for 2008. DW and I have finally agreed on the cruise line and ship - NCL Pearl.

I have read in a lot of reviews here on CC, to book a balcony facing port side for Alaska cruises. I have also read on CC that AFT cabins give you an amazing view in general for all cruises.

What does everyone recommend here, an AFT cabin for Alaska, or a mid ship Mini Suite on the port side? I must say, we will have an infant with us also.

Thanks in advance to all.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I just noticed that nobody has answered you.

We were in a starboard mini to Alaska and would have to say that a port mini would be better just for Glacier Bay. For the rest of the time, an aft would be nice, but whatever you pick, have fun.

Pete

Covered or at least partially covered is the way to go. We were originally booked in a mini and realized that it was an open balcony from above with no privacy or shelter from the weather. We moved up to a smaller room but covered balcony with more privacy and loved the choice. We were able to enjoy our balcony no matter what the weather.

We sailed with Princess and were on the starboard side. The captain does a really great job with turning the boat and sitting for awhile so everybody from each side gets the views.

Enjoy your trip:)

Archived